New headlights finally done

So I had a few halos laying around the house and decided to throw them on the Edge turned out pretty good. I have them wired to a remote so I can have them run independent of the parking lights. They are RGB halos but i usually leave them on white.

Ā 

Halos really interest me on an Edge. I have new DRLs installed and now I don't drive around with my headlights on anymore. Now I feel like something by the headlights, style wise, is missing and I think something like this would really hit the spot. Whiteis33, would you mind posting a pic with the Halos turned off? I'm curious to see what they look like when not lit up. Also, if you are feeling up to it, some pics of the alternate colors.

Ā 

When I did mine I used Ccfl .

Ā 

Jeramie, do you have yours installed on your Edge? If so, I would like to see pics of your CCFL Halos. Are yours brilliant white or the yellowish color on the older BMWs? Also interested in how thick they appear. Thanks!

Ā 

It's times like this when I wish I lived in the states, because I can't get something like this done here. I don't feel super confident tackling this mod on my own yet, but God do I want to!

Ā 

Ā 

Halos really interest me on an Edge. I have new DRLs installed and now I don't drive around with my headlights on anymore. Now I feel like something by the headlights, style wise, is missing and I think something like this would really hit the spot. Whiteis33, would you mind posting a pic with the Halos turned off? I'm curious to see what they look like when not lit up. Also, if you are feeling up to it, some pics of the alternate colors.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Jeramie, do you have yours installed on your Edge? If so, I would like to see pics of your CCFL Halos. Are yours brilliant white or the yellowish color on the older BMWs? Also interested in how thick they appear. Thanks!

Ā 

It's times like this when I wish I lived in the states, because I can't get something like this done here. I don't feel super confident tackling this mod on my own yet, but God do I want to!

Ā 

them installed they are still work in progress but here is a picture.

Ā 

98364042.jpg

Ā 

91c2889c.jpg

Ā 

them installed they are still work in progress but here is a picture.

Ā 

Thanks for posting these pics Jaramie. The CCFL rings definately have more of that newer BMW feel to them. I'm happy to see they aren't the yellowish color :shades: Is that as bright as they go?

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks for posting these pics Jaramie. The CCFL rings definately have more of that newer BMW feel to them. I'm happy to see they aren't the yellowish color :shades: Is that as bright as they go?

Ā 

Ya that's as bright as they go but that picture was taken at like 12:00 in almost full sunlight. They are really bright at night and look amazing . My iPhone cand get a good picture at night it makes it look like the headlights are on

Ya that's as bright as they go but that picture was taken at like 12:00 in almost full sunlight. They are really bright at night and look amazing . My iPhone cand get a good picture at night it makes it look like the headlights are on

Ā 

Cool! So did you do the install yourself? If so, did you or Whiteis33 create a step-by-step guide for us?? :drool:

Ā 

I'm curious how much this cost you and Whiteis33.

Ā 

Ā 

Cool! So did you do the install yourself? If so, did you or Whiteis33 create a step-by-step guide for us?? :drool:

Ā 

I'm curious how much this cost you and Whiteis33.

Ā 

Ya I did mine myself I also changed out the projectors I have a post on here somewhere with pictures for that but I never got any of the install of the halos. But just putting halos in isn't expensive just takes a lot of time. Maybe I'll do a how to on my next set of lights

• 10 months later...

Hi Joe, I love the AEs! Makes a big impact, but is not overstated. Very classy. I would love to know how your dealer was able to disable the headlight DRLs. If you don't know the exact procedure, can you give me the name of the dealer so I can talk to them? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to make it public. I will do the same.

Ā 

(By the way, those vertical LED DRLs look sweet with the halos ;-). I hope you're still getting a lot of second looks from people checking them out. Combined with the halos, your Edge is soooo unique!)

Hi Joe, I love the AEs! Makes a big impact, but is not overstated. Very classy. I would love to know how your dealer was able to disable the headlight DRLs. If you don't know the exact procedure, can you give me the name of the dealer so I can talk to them? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to make it public. I will do the same.

Ā 

(By the way, those vertical LED DRLs look sweet with the halos ;-). I hope you're still getting a lot of second looks from people checking them out. Combined with the halos, your Edge is soooo unique!)

Ā 

Ā 

Hey, I like the upgraded vertical DRL's I see in your signature, would like to know if we could meet up and I could check those out if you are running them. I am out by Oak Park Mall area.

Tried to PM you but there's a post restriction.

Edited by bluesport

Hey bluesport. Nice to see a forum member so close to home. Lot's of Sports in JoCo. Would love to show you the final pre-production units I have installed in mine. Go ahead and send me an email and we can arrange a time. info@daytimebrightlites.com. Thanks, Dan

Hey bluesport. Nice to see a forum member so close to home. Lot's of Sports in JoCo. Would love to show you the final pre-production units I have installed in mine. Go ahead and send me an email and we can arrange a time. info@daytimebrightlites.com. Thanks, Dan

Thanks Dan, sent.

• 4 weeks later...