A dream came true - 2011 AWD Limited - 302A plus extras !

Tacyon

It's been a long 3 month process for me and my Edge to finally meet in person and now we've started a relationship. Hello, my name is Tac and I'm in love with my Edge ! (is this wrong ?)

I live in the far western burbs of Chicago and have been lurking these forums whilst I do my research for a new vehicle. My last love was a Dodge Gen2 intrepid that I still have with 249,000 on her. I tend to hold on to the things I love and take care of them.

I was specific on my next relationship, 2011/2012. Limited. AWD. Push button/remote start. But most important it had to talk to me. (no I don't mean MFT either) When I found my Edge it had ~8500 miles on it. Had the 302A rapid spec and when asked what else, the private seller responded, everything ! Since sitting in my first Edge with its smooth body lines, it's futuristic cockpit display, and that vista sun roof, I knew that was going to be mine.

ok - so enough of that ... this car rocks ! it's got 11k on her now and as one of the other new members said, let the mods begin!

Its metallic earth, the front grill is getting wrapped in black (Thanks Dingo and Cellbine - Hey Cellbine, your sig really helped my decision !) I've already replaced the license plate and dome lights to white LEDs. Next are the rear dome, cargo and a possible alternate vision of the puddle and rear hatch lights. We'll see. I've got more ideas as well for lighting both safety and utilitary in design. I'll document them as they happen. I've mounted my Garmin 2455-LMT by the a-pillar and ran its power behind the molding. Imagine my surprise and excitement when I popped the a-pillar molding and saw the side curtain air bag .. not knowing if the next sound would be the bang of my air bag !

I do have some questions but I'll try to place those in the appropriate forum are.

Very cool to hear you have another dream car! Thanks for the shout out. I really enjoy my new signature. If you want me to make you one, send me a PM and I will give you some instructions to get the shots I need.

I have to say, I am jealous of your vista roof. Man, I should have pony'd up the extra cash to get it. :spend: I think the color of your Edge is really unique and I dont think you will see many of the same out on the road. When you wrap your grill, make sure you get the right wrap to your liking. I have the metallic black, but if you dont like the sparkle be sure to get a different kind.

Have fun with all your modifications and let me know if you have questions. See you around!

I'm telling ya .. when that baby is open .. its almost like having a convertible. 85`f today and no need for airco !

Also thing I'm groovin on big time is the Adaptive Cruise Control. You Sportie pilots don't know what you're missing !! This feature should be built-in to any cruise control made. It really takes cruise control to a whole new level !

I have the factory HIDs - anyone got a good part number on a maximum wattage main bulb? I think the stock is just 35 watts and like the Sony sound system it's simply anemic and needs some more wattage in the cottage !