Installing An Amplifier

Hi Everyone,

I want to install an amp in my 2011 Ford Edge. I was trying to find a guide for identifying the correct color code cables, but have been unsuccessful so far. In particular, I am looking for the one that carries the signal to turn on the amp. I have a 2011 Ford Edge SEL with My ford touch. Any help or guidance in general would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

M

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I must say I am searching for the wrong things because all I have been able to find are diagrams for the sony systems on here or earlier edge's without the sync system. I've been able to figure out almost everything except the accessory out line. Someone told me that the Sync systems use a data line to turn the stock amp on and off so that it's pretty much impossible to install directly.

Use the Google search on the left, it's much better. I was looking to get the JL Cleansweep, which takes the audio from the speaker out leads. Then you hook up an inline amp afterwards. You still get all stock control, and now better sound.

Well,

I have been installing car audio and video for about 15 years and the simplest way to find a remote lead wire is to locate the ignition wire on the back side of the radio harness. You can find this wire with a test light. 1st ground your test light so that you can find any power source at all, your gonna want to check to see if you have a good ground by touching a power wire such as the 12v lead connected to the cig lighter outlet. after you made sure the test light is properly working take your key and set into the ignition but dont turn the key just keep it in rest position. Remove the wire harness from the back of the radio and proceed to check each wire. When your test light turns red you have found a 12v power. Keep your test light lit up and at the same time turn the key to ignition for a moment and back to rest. If you noticed that the light went from RED to NOTHING and back to RED at ignition then you have found the remote wire for your amplifier. usually there is only 2-12v power sources going to the back of your radio. one being the constant 12v and the other being 12v ignition (remote).