I am seriously considering the new Windows 8 phone when it arrives to replace my iphone. Just wondering if there may be more integration with Sync since they are both Microsoft products. Ford has apparently decided not to have integration with Siri directly through Sync. The new Win 8 phone will have an updated voice program that looks better than Siri in that it can open apps, but can also control the app once it is open, such as starting Pandora and commanding it to play an artist or song. It would be a huge safety feature (not to mention the coolness factor :shades:) to be able to press the voice button on the wheel and control it directly instead of having to use the phone.

• Like 1

Don't know on that one, you might want to check with Sync my ride, they might have the answer. We got the iphones about 5 months ago, and no problem syncing them, and I have no problem playing music from mine, using bluetooth. You might want to check with user FordGuru, who is a Ford mechanic.

Joe

Edited by JOEHIO

• 5 months later...

I have a F150 2013 and a Windows 8 Phone and I very disappointed in what I thought should be a perfect match. I had previously used a BlueAnt S3 with my Windows 7.5 phone so I know what is possible. Here I what works:

Text messages will read thru the Sync interface to tell you that you have a message and allow you to voice interactive with the phone to play, reply call. It will also allow you to speak to the phone to compose a reply. On my BlueAnt I would ay 'Phone Commands' and it would connect to the Siri like Speech interface, but the only way I can find (so far in 24 hours) to get that interface is to press the 'Windows; button the phone. This is an AWESOME feature, just wish I could press the truck speak button to make it work, (to get text messages to read you will need to go to Speech and turn on the options. (to get text messages to read you will need to go to Speech and turn on the options.).

It does not seem to play 'alert' or new message tones thru the Sync, but phone ring does work great otherwise, it will load the phonebook with all the pictures you have in your contacts so they display when the call is coming in or calling out. It uses the Sync to make the ring so I don't think that custom tones from the phone are transferred thru and played on the truck speakers.

The 'Message' function does not integrate to get the text messages from the Windows Phone... You would think this should work, but not.

When you 'Call Home' it is using the Sync interface to select the name and number, so whatever Windows Phone 8 (WP8) would do that is extra is not used.

I have not tried playing music thru the phone to Sync yet.

I not sure how the Sync calendar function works, but it does not take the calendar enties from the phone,

Hope that helps,

DJ

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Anyone with a Nokia Lumina 920 get text messaging to work?

This is supposed to be the shiznit of Windows 8 phones, but when I upgraded, I lost my messaging functions on the MFT. My old Samsung Focus Windows 7/7.5 phone always had this feature. Now if you try to enable it, the MFT just states the phones bluetooth doesn't support messaging. I got the phone and did the MFT update around the same time, so I don't know if it would have worked with only one or the other.

Darren it sounds like you're having the same issue with the "Message" function, but you didn't mention what phone you had. Perhaps its an issue with Windows Phone 8 in general??