..2008 EDGE ordered..

svofan1

This is a coment in another group posting (EDMONDS) by someone that just placed an order for 2008 EDGE LIMITED (NOT AWD)....

"Black Limited, camel leather, BAMR, Nav, 20" wheels, power rear hatch, basically everything you can get except AWD. They gave no clue on time, but did offer an interesting comment on the SYNC system. They feel that the Limiteds will still get built even if SYNC is not ready yet with a price reduction for the stand alone option cost then simply add the cost back in when the SYNC becomes available. They wanted to know if SYNC "....

Does anyone "connected" with FORD heard about this option concerning the SYNC...or is the dealer blowing smoke ...you know where?...

I ordered mine today. A loaded Limited. If it gets built without the Sync then I won't be taking delivery. I'd hate to have to wait 8 weeks to find out though.

This is great to have you guys here so you can keep "close buyers" aware of what is going on. As I have metioned in the past, I think i should be ordering towards Nov,Dec time frame so when the EDGE arrives it will close to the end of my Expedition inAprileven thou I am willing to take a 2 months hit...that is how much i like the EDGE. Hey guys please post pics asap after your delivery...good luck to you...

• 1 month later...
The window sticker shows gas miles at 21/31 per gallon which is much better than 16/24 I see on Edmunds. What makes the difference? Drivers, Equipment, different test standards?

:banghead:

WOW! I am PISSED!

21/31 MPG!!??!! And they aren't selling those Edges here in the U.S.??!!??!!

Oh...sorry...got a little carried away.

I sure hope that is a typo. I can't believe that position on the earth has that great of an effect on MPG.

I have 3000 miles now on my 2007 SEL+ AWD. I commute to work in DC traffic 5 days a week, average about 25 mph speed, 18 miles each way. My mileage averages 16 - 17 mpg. Highway runs at 65 mph typically yield 20 - 21 mpg. My computer generally agrees with my hand calculations. This seems to be pretty close to the latest US/epa estimates.

You might be right on that....but I think they put US gallons on the sticker as well, to avoid any confusion... oR maybe our Governments are trying to confuse you ;p .... Conspiracy anyone???

I will try to find a AWD Edge sticker with the same options that is being delivered in the US... and you most likely be right.

I'm not Canadian or anything you know eh....but...

If the sticker says, "THIS VEH. NOT INTENDED FOR SALE OR REGISTRATION IN US" - why would they

put US gallon calculations on the sticker?

Perhaps this is the reason:

U.S. - 3.785 litres per US gallon

Canada - (Imperial Gallons) 4.54 litres per Imperial gallon

Using the above ratio gives a 20% larger imperial gallon over the US gallon (4.54 / 3.785).

Increasing the US MPG by 20% only goes from 16 to 19.2 mpg. Still short of the 21 mpg on the Canadian window sticker.

Could the testing formula be different? It did change in the US for MPG figures for 2008 MY.

Another small update...

TTGX 820189 Load Arrived Battle Creek, MI on 14 Oct 08:06 ET

ETA New Westminster, BC. Oct 20th

I am not sure how long it takes to process and unload and then have the dealership have the Car ready , hopefully it will be on October 26th.

Really?

WHO cares.. other than you, who cares?

you like looking at this, go back to blueoval and read all those threads like that.

NO ONE CARES HERE

I have removed all post, well actually I removed all contents of the posts. I came to the website first to get more information from Edge owners if it was worth the Purchase. Since the amount of interest since I posted the Window sticker and I might have misread when someone asks to keep updated on the progress. Instead Good Hands, you does not care, cared enough, to keep reading the post ( maybe the main one to contribute to the over 1000 views it generated )and even responded to a few. I had a good laugh with his comment , 07 MKX and Clubwagon XLT, and said wow, those three are right... who cares about my first Ford Purchase, the options, the time it's taking, the gas mileage, etc. I should post my rant on a Ford Forum instead of the one dedicated to the Actual Edge. I actually don't post enough and when I realized that when Good Hands was taking about a Avatar, I didn't know what it was, I realized I really have a life. (kind of reminds me of that South Park episode of World of Warcraft, he has no life!, think of him and 07 MKX as the fat guy eating potato chips crumbs off of his belly and spending the time to actually come up negative comments and post photos of his Edge.... this is refering to him only and should not be compared to the ones asking questions and posting photos for a positive contribution of this site )

post-1320-1192423342_thumb.jpg

So when I receive my nice new Edge in the next couple of weeks, you won't be seeing post on my thoughts of the Sync, how it drives or even the gas mileage. I won't post questions or contribute to the forum. I am just glad I bought a Canadian Made car.

For the few that were interested about what I had said ( the leftover quotes in the replies), unless the Moderator removes the entire post based on my immature comments ( I could not leave them blank, so I had to put some childish stupid remark in it's place ).

Please provide feedback to the moderator about the positive contribution that these three individuals are making to the Ford Edge community. Especially in the Welcome Forum.

All is good in the hood! ;)

:happy feet:

:doh:

All this because I said I liked his Avatar?

Edited by Good_Hands

I just wanted to update you....I just had another bowel movement....It was VERY moving....since I'm at work, there is a sewer system, so I won't be able to update you on when it reaches the sewer treatment plant....sorry!

Report back, when their is another intake and expected movement, We will be waiting for the pre-delivery Inspection and contract signing.