Factory Backup Camera

Just bought a new edge about 3 weeks ago. I got almost everything on it, except the backup camera and the towing package. I was wondering if i could find a factory camera, would i be able to mount it, an use factory wiring to keep from running new wiring? I guess what im asking is will my edge have the wiring in place for the factory backup camera, even though it didn't come with it? I got the navigation system, and was thinking i could add the camera in. Also, how hard would the backup sensors be to add in as well?

Just bought a new edge about 3 weeks ago. I got almost everything on it, except the backup camera and the towing package. I was wondering if i could find a factory camera, would i be able to mount it, an use factory wiring to keep from running new wiring? I guess what im asking is will my edge have the wiring in place for the factory backup camera, even though it didn't come with it? I got the navigation system, and was thinking i could add the camera in. Also, how hard would the backup sensors be to add in as well?

I hate to be the carrier of bad news,but Ford does not offer backup camera on the EDGE,as a matter of fact, i don't think Ford offers it at all not yet...adding the baclup sensors may quite a task since the sensors are embedded in the rubber bumper,maybe someone here knows better..god luck on the new EDGE

I hate to be the carrier of bad news,but Ford does not offer backup camera on the EDGE,as a matter of fact, i don't think Ford offers it at all not yet...adding the baclup sensors may quite a task since the sensors are embedded in the rubber bumper,maybe someone here knows better..god luck on the new EDGE

I be doggone your right. With all the car shopping and comparing i did, i could have swore that the Edge had a back up camera system.

Does anyone know if there is a camera system that is compatible with the existing navi system in the edge?

I be doggone your right. With all the car shopping and comparing i did, i could have swore that the Edge had a back up camera system.

Does anyone know if there is a camera system that is compatible with the existing navi system in the edge?

Look in these great forums, there is a fellow that did and it came out very nice...good luck..

,as a matter of fact, i don't think Ford offers it at all not yet...adding the baclup sensors may quite a task since the sensors are embedded in the rubber bumper,maybe someone here knows better..god luck on the new EDGE

The 08 Navigater has one. It displays in the rearview mirror, I believe. Not sure if the Ford models have it also.