new 20's back to 18's

cmillz1331

I'm looking to put 20s on my edge next summer but am hesitant if I will have problems when I go back to the stock 18s for the winter...Has anyone done this and had any problems or is it pretty easy and you just change them out without a problem? Also how should you go about choosing a tire size for the new wheels so your mpg doesn't suffer too much.

Thanks

I am planning on replacing my 20's from my 2013 with 18's. The factory tire for the 20's are 245/50/20. The factory size for the 18's are 245/60/18. Using the tire size calculator I've linked to, the tires are almost IDENTICAL in resulting height, RPMs, and speedometer readout! Make sure to enter the security code number into the space provided, even though it might have a line through it. You can try various sizes (up to 4 at one time) to find the combination you are looking for.

http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp?action=submit

I have been told that if I replace my wheels and tires, as long as the TPMS sensors are the same type, I will not have to have the system relearn the new sensors or have the dealer do any type of reflash. I haven't found any 18" wheels yet, so don't know for sure about the sensors. If you have a 2008 as shown in your signature, you have a different sensor than any models 2011 and newer.