20 inch chrome tires

jokeefe

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum. I Noticed that I have a scratch on the rim and the "chrome" is peeling off the rim. I thought that they were chromeI and not plastic. Are they all that way and are they easy to repair? I have a 2012 edge limited I only got a few months ago. I'll take any advice. Thanks in advance.

I'll save you and everyone the trouble, as you would have found this information on this forum eventually :)

1. Yup. All plastic "chrome CLAD"

2. Ford only sells entire rim, cannot replace plastic only.

3. Ford wants $800.00

4. Check classifieds on here for single wheel.

5. Check eBay for single wheel (lots listed as I type this).

6. Go buy a full set aftermarket wheels and then sell remaining 3 good wheels to people who are in your exact shoes.

Just saved you some searching!

Edited by candurin

I have the same problem.....some lady backed into me as I was slowly cruising in a parking lot looking for a spot and she backed right into my rear right wheel. I didn't realize it at the time and I was going to college in 3 days so I didn't want to have my car in the shop, so we went our separate ways but later realized that the collision had cracked and peeled the chrome plastic off of parts of the wheel. I looked for replacements but Ford has crazy high prices for these things. I'm just looking to get black 20's or 22's for the spring/summer/maybe fall and then deal with the crappy wheel in the bad ohio winter. If I'm going to put a lot of money into wheels, it might as well be aftermarket ones!