Think I could sell the SPORT's 22" wheel/tire/TPMS package?

OnTheFence

Hi all,

As my username suggests I'm considering a 2013 Edge Sport. The only thing I don't like about it is the oversized wheels, I understand it's a matter of preference no judging here, but no dealer is willing to do a wheel swap for me so looks like I'll be stuck with them. I have no issues buying a new wheel/tire package to replace them but wondering if anyone has a desire to buy the stock wheel/tire/TPMS package on these forums? I've seen the wheels on ebay for under $2000 for four refurbished, so I'm thinking the whole package brand new would be good for like $3500. I know Ford retails them for 700 each but I'm not looking to rip anyone off. Shipping would be large so a south eastern PA, Jersey, Maryland, or Delaware pickup would be best.

Thoughts?

Yeah you could definitely sell them on here or try craigslist and ebay. If you list a reasonable price on ebay that is lower than the ppl ripping the buyers off, they will sell. you just have to have some patience. I am surprised tho that no dealers will swap the wheels out for you....you're buying a $40k+ car from them...its the least they could do

thanks cmilz, I should clarify and say the dealers weren't willing to exchange wheels and give a discount. Ha.

I checked Ebay and there's a guy on their trying to do the same thing and even using the same 3500 price with free shipping. Looks like they've been for sale for awhile, sounds like I'd be stuck with them for long time. Ugh. I'd probably do 2800 just to get rid of them. I have to get the right price on the car yet though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/22-OEM-FORD-EDGE-SPORT-LINCOLN-MKS-WHEELS-TIRES-TPMS-SENSORS-TAKE-OFFS-454-A-/251059874731?_trksid=p4340.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222001%26algo%3DSIC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D1982781124621629975%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D1%26

• 1 month later...

Do the Sport rims fit on a Limited with 20" rims?

Just remember that the wheel hub opening size was changed between the 2010 and 2011 models.

2010 and earlier models used a larger opening. Those wheels will fit the 2011 and newer with the use of hub centric rings.

2011 and newer use a smaller opening. They will only fit 2011 and newer. I've read of one person who had the openings machined larger to fit the older models. That is something I would never do.

Just remember that the wheel hub opening size was changed between the 2010 and 2011 models.

2010 and earlier models used a larger opening. Those wheels will fit the 2011 and newer with the use of hub centric rings.

2011 and newer use a smaller opening. They will only fit 2011 and newer. I've read of one person who had the openings machined larger to fit the older models. That is something I would never do.

Thanks, mine's a '13 and and the Sport's a '13 as well.

THanks ls973800 I had no idea that was the case, I should have been more clear that I was just guessing. The one I ordered is a 2013 though and I'll make that clear in the for sale post.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Hi everyone, just to close this out I wanted to say I ended up deciding to keep the stock wheels as I just wasn't convinced I was going to get the look I wanted with other wheels, as well as concerns around the extended warranty claims possibly being rejected. I know you can argue with the dealer about such things and probably get it covered but you know at this point in my life I want to introduce as little hassle as possible.

This isn't a negotiating tatic or anything I'm just going to keep the wheels and limit my mods to things like tint, plasti-dip and such. Sorry for the hassle. Should have waited till I got the car before posting. -1 internets for me.