2013 Remote starter

I have a 2013 Titaniam Escape. I was wondering how the 2013 Edge remote starter operates? Can someone verify the operation for me?

When I park, I get out and lock the car. When I try to start the car by hitting the button twice on the remote, nothing happens. When I hit the lock button then hit the start button twice it starts up. Keep in mind that the car is already locked. The owners manual says the car needs to be locked, not that you have to hit the lock button prior to the start buttons.

If there all that way, I'm okay with it. I just want to be sure everything is working normal.

Thanks

Lenny

Lock - start - start. Doesn't matter what status the door locks are in... you HAVE to press lock-start-start. Don't hurry it.

Now with that being said ... be careful of how soon and how fast you're pressing those buttons. The system can get confused fairly easily. ex: I think this was I did frustrated mine (and myself) remote start, press the start two more times .... now try to start it again with the lock-start-start. Mine ignored me and I had to wait few minutes (while I scratched my head) and then tried again.