Impressions of my 210 mile old Edge SEL

Smiley

OK,

Many here are spot on with your Edge observations so let me add my own although only 24 hours old and + 215 miles older I will throw my 2 cents in.

Dash Board Glare: I drive as a salesman for a living and today was HOT sunny and humid. I deliberately did not order a BAMR cause I can't stand the sun from a sun roof beaming into my vision. I find that I can drive more comfortably and longer with good polarized R/X glasses and my Edge has a convienant place to store my sun glasses. The glare is there for sure if you concentrate and look for it. My question is "What were those engineers thinking by placing any shiny chrome within the dashboard and windshield sight lines". It's really no bother to me but I can see it bugging others here. All in all not a deal breaker for me on this new Sand Stone dash and interior.

Gas Mileage: I decided to fill up after doing my daily sales calls today alone, 209 miles and my dealer filled it up and delivered it to me yesterday supposedly full. So about 25 % city dirving and 75 % hwy with full A/C and doing about 65-70 mph on the hwy. Trip computer said I got 18.5 mpg but topping the tank off at the gas station I filled up to 11.7 gallons and 209 miles for a average of 17.86 mpg and I suspect and figure that the dealer did not top off to FULL like I did. Not bad since the car is not even broke in yet. Oh yeah FWD BTW.

Ergonamics and comfort: 6 ft tall and 180 lbs and I just could have fallen asleep in the seats. My only gripe is no foot rest for the Left idle foot. I would have dosed off it that could be addressed. Really a comfortable car like all have said so before me.

Radio : Five stars and better then I thought it would be. Anybody know where I can get my jack for my I-Pod to the plug in the the arm rest box??

Performance: The engine did not dissapoint one bit given that I was moving 4200 lbs around.

I had test driven a CX-7 and a Saab 9.3 Combi both Turbo charged engines and found the whiney sound and the turbo kick to be annoying and a sign that the gas was being sucked out of the tank. I liked the slow rev's of the Duratec engine and love the transmission finding the optimum RPM's. Anyway so far so good and BTW the NAV system is the BOMB and no more telling my clients that I got lost getting there:)

Really thanks to all that post since with all your inputs I was able to focus on what you all have said. No car I test drove was perfect at leat not in my price range and budget and with all the driving I do I really wanted a SAFE and comfortable road car that can haul my toys around on the weekends.

It's a shame you didn't order the sunroof...when it's closed, there are motorized fabric panels, color keyed to your interior, that close and hide both roofs,,,in the hundred plus degree weather we've been having, I have not felt ant heat leak through....be that as it may, glad to hear you're happy with your purchase....I'm up to 14,000 miles, and still lovin' it!!

I'd like to add that I did order this car from a dealer that I bought 3 other Fords from and when it arrived I asked politely if the newly issued rebates would apply to this ordered car and they gave me the $ 1500 rebate off my 2007 Edge which is ICING on the cake and made it worth it not waiting for a 2008 model.

Anybody know where I can get my jack for my I-Pod to the plug in the the arm rest box??

Nice.

Mine is up to about 1800 miles and I love it too.

You can pick up a male/male 1/8" cable at Radio Shack for the iPod.

I got one about 6 feet long for around $7

I ran out to make sure it worked before posting this but my iPood battery is dead. It definitely fits though.

LOVE the BAMR!!