Wiring to get keypad lighting to match interior lighting?

KingMike

Hi all,

I seen someone mention on here something about there being a way to do something with the wiring to get the keypad lighting to match the interior lighting.

First off, by keypad, what EXACTLY is that? The keypad on the steering wheel? Or the center console buttons lighting?

Second, what has to be done? I don't want to go to a place around me and say "this is what I want figure it out" and have them screw something up. So I figured I'd have better luck finding out exactly what it is that has to be done, telling them, then seeing if they know exactly how to do it. I sent a message to the person who briefly mentioned it (Dingo) but haven't gotten a response yet, so I was hoping to get an answer this way.

Thanks ahead of time to anyone who can help

I don't recall seeing that topic but I've only been around since the middle of July.

I am guessing that by "keypad" they mean the pad on the outside of the driver's door. I have this on my 2013 Limited and it lights up at night when I use it. The light from what I recall is white, so maybe there is a way to tap into the ambient light settings to get the same color light to show on the keypad outside.

Just a guess