'08 - powertrain, ABS and traction control light on at same time. Help!

Jason Day

Lately my Edge has been feeling like there's been some hesitation and hard shifts. Took it to the dealer, they can't find anything.

2 weeks later, i'm driving in a small town - slow speed, stop & go and suddenly the ABS, powertrain and traction control lights comes on all at the same time.

Traveling 10 miles and hour and putting on the brakes caused them to lock up.

I stopped the car, turn it off, warning lights are still on. I drive half a mile, and the lights go off one by one.

Any idea?

I can.t specifically to the Edge, but when I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee I had a similiar problem. Never resolved it though. A few months ago I was watching Motor Week and they had a help section on about ABS brakes. He talked about some machined surface that the ABS sensor picks up on and if it gets dirty it gives some of the symptoms you described.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've noticed times when I jump on the gas to pass someone then let off quickly, the car shifts not-quite-so-delicately as it would if I were just coming from a stop sign and the engine stays revved up higher a little longer than I feel like it should, but since I'm not mechanically inclined, I assume it has something to do with the tranny/stall. Never had any of the lights turn on though.