Edge 2011 Limited HID Rewire LED pipe for DRL

I would like to rewire the vertical LED light pipes on the front bumper for DRL. I have tried the dealer route of programming the BCM to run DRL as Ford does with Canadian cars. This cannot be done in the US. Reasons were either hard coded or Canadian software not allowed in the US. I tried two dealers, got the same story. I do not need a light conversion kit as I have HID. How can the vertical LED strip be rewired to be on all the time? Or better yet the amber turn signals as DRL.

UPDATE:

I think I found my solution:

http://www.daytimebrightlites.com/

I see there are detail posts on how to remove the LED pipes from the front bumper and soften them up in the oven to take apart then epoxy back together with various LED DRL's. One mistake and you have a mess. The link above looks like a plug and play solution. I am going to give this vendor a try.

Edited by Circle3
  • Like 1

Hi Circle3,

You may have already sent me an email, but if not my Vertical LED Running Lights are a plug and play system. Easily pop out the stock lights and pop mine in. There is no wire cutting or modifications to the electrical system of your Edge. I have tons of photos and videos showing our different DRL options. You can see exactly what's involved with installing the lights. It's very easy and shouldn't take much more than 30 - 45 minutes, even for a novas.

• 1 month later...