Runningboards for Frd edge

jking

have ACCRA runningbords for 2013 Ford Edge SEL. I ve two questions.

1. Will it void my new cae warranty if I remove the rock guards to make installation simpler?

2. Has anyone done this install themselves. The directions are scetchy and was thinking I might just have to let mechanic do the job.

Edited by jking

I don't see how removing rock guards would void your warranty at all. Now if during installation you chip the paint or drill through a fuel line or brake line, that would definitely not be covered under warranty.

Not seeing the directions, I don't really think it should be too difficult of a job. I installed factory running boards on my F150 with no problems. Didn't even have to drill as the factory kit used existing holes in the frame and sub-frame to mount the brackets. The Accra web site says some drilling is needed but it shouldn't be too difficult.

have ACCRA runningbords for 2013 Ford Edge SEL. I ve two questions.

1. Will it void my new cae warranty if I remove the rock guards to make installation simpler?

2. Has anyone done this install themselves. The directions are scetchy and was thinking I might just have to let mechanic do the job.

Would like to see so pics when done,, Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

WWW_CA yes the shields underneath had to beremoved (thin plastic like material) and minor cutting on them to pass the anchors thru the side and then put back on. I was worried about screwing up (but nothing really to screw up) and had a mechanic put mine on for $100 US. IN reality I think I could have done it myself but I was paraniod about messing up a new car.