Help/Advice Needed! Wheel Damage

cc70415

Hi Everyone,

Last night I was backing out of my driveway and ended up scraping my back driver's side wheel on a sharp piece of stone that was sticking out. I have a 2011 Edge limited and it will only be a year old this coming december. I bought the Tirecare tire and wheel insurance agreement with the dealership. After reading I know this probably will not be covered and I see a new wheel may be close to $600 that i cannot spend right now. I was considering calling my salesman that sold me the car and going in to the dealership today and saying while driving something kicked up from a truck on the highway and took chunks out of my wheel, since that may then be covered. Does anyone have any opinions? I know its a long shot but the car is not even a year old and i have to be paying an extra $530 for 5 year coverage for something!

Also...I was VERY disappointed to see that the wheel itself is only sprayed the chrome coloring because the under layer for the wheel is white and is showing underneath the chrome paint job that they did...so the wheels arent even really what they say they are???! help pleaseee! Thank you!

The plastic on the wheels are chrome plated, they will not rust, but will scrape. The tire and wheel option package will cover for a new wheel if it is damaged, and cannot be used, unfortunately, will not replace for cosmetic damage. Seeing that it was a rock in the road that caused this, maybe your insurance will cover it, don't know if it will, but might be worth a shot.

I was considering calling my salesman that sold me the car and going in to the dealership today and saying while driving something kicked up from a truck on the highway and took chunks out of my wheel, since that may then be covered. Does anyone have any opinions?

Yes, I have an opinion but you won't like it.

You feel it is OK to lie about the damage and try to stick the company which provides the warranty or the dealer with the falsified repair charge. Just because this is a forum where you are somewhat anonymous, do you really feel good coming here and letting us know how you will lie just to avoid being responsible for your actions?

Karma baby, karma!

Edited by ls973800