Rear Wheel Studs

bfuller

Hi there,

On my wife's 2008 Edge I was just winterizing it I cross-threaded 2 wheel studs on the rear passenger side hub. I've got the new studs from Ford and have the rear wheel off in the shop but when it seems like the rear rotor should come off to let me replace the studs there doesn't seem to be enough room to get the rotor off. Am I missing something, here? On my 2003 F250 the rotor would just come off at this point and it would take about an hour for the whole job.

Anyway, any suggestion and feedback/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, in advance.

• 1 month later...

I am guessing you prob. already fixed this but here goes. You need to remove the brake caliper mount, there are two bolts in the rear they are 15mm, remove those and the brakes will be out of the way. Next remove the brake rotor, I used a rubber mallet to bang the rotor off since it was stuck. Your prob going to have to remove the hub as well to access the studs. There are 4 torx bolts in the rear they are T-60, you will also have to carefully remove the abs speed sensor this is a 8mm and it is located in the center of the hub. Once all thats undone the hub and the parking brake assembly and dust cover come out as one piece. Just remove the hub (it might be rusty and stuck on the parking brake assembly and dust cover. PB blaster, light tapping with the rubber mallet and cursing will get it out. Onces its out, you will have the whole hub assembly in your hand and then you have access to the studs. Good luck!