Garage door remote will not synce with Edge remote controls

Slick56

Just bought this 2011 Edge and eveything seems to be working great regarding programming except the garage door opener sync with our Stanley door remote. Have help it close to the visor and followed the instructions to hold the button down until the lamp quits blinking then pressed it twice for 5 seconds as the owner's manual says. Still does not work.

Any help help would be highly appreciated!

I had a problem with one of our openers (an older one), called the help number listed in the owners manual, and they walked me through the procedure. Seeing it was an older one, I had to hold a button down for a longer period of time, don't remember when, or which button. Give them a call, They were very helpful.I had a problem with one of our openers (an older one), called the help number listed in the owners manual, and they walked me through the procedure. Seeing it was an older one, I had to hold a button down for a longer period of time, don't remember when, or which button. Give them a call, they were very helpful.

I think your missing a step. I am assuming your have a "rolling code" opener. Don't worry about what that is. When you used the the handheld opener near the visor you told the car one of the 2 things it needs to know. The next step is to tell the garage door about your car. There is probabably a little button under the light cover on the opener. I am gonna GUESS, you press that little button, then the car button, then the car button a second time.

I had a problem with one of our openers (an older one), called the help number listed in the owners manual, and they walked me through the procedure. Seeing it was an older one, I had to hold a button down for a longer period of time, don't remember when, or which button. Give them a call, They were very helpful.I had a problem with one of our openers (an older one), called the help number listed in the owners manual, and they walked me through the procedure. Seeing it was an older one, I had to hold a button down for a longer period of time, don't remember when, or which button. Give them a call, they were very helpful.

Thanx. You got me to thinking. After researching both the Chamberlain and HomeLink websites I found my problem. If your unit has been "married" to another opener (in my case a Genie), you must hold down the two outside buttons on the HomeLink for about 20 seconds ('til it stops blinking) to clear the memory. After doing this I was able to program the Chamberlain per the instructions. :hyper:

From what I read, a non-rolling code opener will work just fine (fewer steps to programming).

Crusty.....you are right on the mark. I went to the website for Homelink and their instructions reflect those steps. I did that and bingo everything worked fine. Ford should mention this in it's manual. I know this mainly applies to used vehicles because the new ones have not been programmed before but the extra step is not a big deal and it would assure thatthe programming would take every time.

http://www.homelink.com/home/welcome