New (used) Edge owner

Kitulu

Well, after 6 years and 82000 miles, my faithful 2000 Dodge Intrepid ES was totaled on Monday. After shopping around, I found a 2008 Ford Edge Limited for a little over $17,000, 82000 miles on the clock.

I am picking it up tomorrow, and looking forward to a (hopefully) dependable auto for me and my family.

Welcome to the forum!! ;) Edges are great vehicles, take good care of it and it should give you many years and miles of reliable service. You get the AWD or FWD? Post some pics up when you get it!

I've only had mine a short time (2 months.... '07 SEL with 99k), but coming from a Ford dealer tech I can say we rarely see much of any problems at all with them. I would go through and flush all the fluids, change cabin air filter, and put some plugs in it just so you know where you're at with maintenance and that everything is done. But that that's just me... I'm anal about maintenance stuff, lol

Enjoy the new ride! I'm sure you'll love it :)

Welcome, Kitulu. I'm a new owner as well. Picked up a 2010 Edge Limited, fully loaded, certified pre-owned, with 76k on it for $18,375. It has nav, power lift gate, ambient lighting, and the interior appearance package with the Sienna leather seats. I've had it since New Year's Eve and love it! This is a vehicle that I can see myself keeping for the long term. Glad to hear that they are relatively problem free. It's my first Ford product ever in over 30 years of driving!