Vehicle Price Difference US - Canada

ortdog

When will Ford's pricing of their vehicles reflect the current exchange rate?

ie 2007 ford edge configured the same US MSRP=$33,895 ($35250 cdn) and CDN MSRP=$43,895 differnece of $8,600 cdn.

This is a huge difference and I find it hard to believe that CDN's will continue to pay these HUGE differences for much longer, when they can easily fly accross the border and bring one home.

any thoughts from anyone?

Edited by ortdog

• 1 month later...

New member here and found your post interesting, mostly because I am Canadian. I am a big Edge/MKX fan and am looking to purchase my first as soon as better incentives are intro'd. (hope not to wait too long). I agree that the price difference presents a huge incentive to buy south of the border and have it shipped up, will likely save 5K Cdn. Problem is with the Warranty. Apparently Ford will not support the warranty in Canada if purchased this way. So unless you are willing to travel back to the states every time you need maintenance then this will potentially be a big issue. Just my view from up here. Good Forum.

• 2 weeks later...
New member here and found your post interesting, mostly because I am Canadian. I am a big Edge/MKX fan and am looking to purchase my first as soon as better incentives are intro'd. (hope not to wait too long). I agree that the price difference presents a huge incentive to buy south of the border and have it shipped up, will likely save 5K Cdn. Problem is with the Warranty. Apparently Ford will not support the warranty in Canada if purchased this way. So unless you are willing to travel back to the states every time you need maintenance then this will potentially be a big issue. Just my view from up here. Good Forum.

check your facts (preferably not at a canadian dealer). the warranty is 100% valid for vehicles purchased in the US and registered in canada

• 2 weeks later...
check your facts (preferably not at a canadian dealer). the warranty is 100% valid for vehicles purchased in the US and registered in canada

I found the same thing with my research, that Ford will apparently honor the warranty in Canada. I'm planning on buying an Edge in the US within the next couple of weeks.