New Owner from Massachuetts with a few questions.

funhouse69

Hello -

My name is Pete, after having Nissans for the last 10+ years I decided to change directions and went with a 2013 Edge Limited 302A with the Platinum White Paint. I still have less than 500 miles on it and loving every mile so far. I do have a few questions that I hope I can get answered.

First of all has anyone had any issues with their winsheild being scratched very easily? I thought I noticed a few light scractched on my windshield when I took delivery but didn't really think it was that much of an issue. Now that I've had it for a while I can confirm that there are some light scratches on it which made me think about when I had a recent rental 2013 Edge which had some really nasty scratches on the windshield. Is this something common? Something I should worry about?

Second - Is there a way to upgrade the Factory / Included Remote Start to the 2 way system that Ford Offers? No one can seem to give me a clear answer. I live in an area where I can not see my car and need some kind of a 2 way system so that I can be sure the car has started. Can it just be replaced with the 2 ways system which I believe is plug and play.

Third - I ready that you can use Google Maps as well as Mapquest to "Send to Sync" but I don't see that option in Google Maps. Am I missing something? Related to that when I use Mapquest to send something to the GPS I can get it to download and even save it as a favorite but I can't give it a voice tag? How do you do that?

Finally and kind of related to the Send To Sync - On the Sync My Ride Website there is something with Favorites but I don't know how this works? Is this like Send it to Sync? How do I get them to download to the Navagation System? I connnect to "Services" and I am not asked if I want to download them or do they show up in the Navagation.

I replied to your question yesterday, but must not have hit the POST button since I don't see my reply. You live in an area where snow brushes are used almost daily on many cars. I wonder if while on the lot someone brushed off the snow or had to scrape some ice and the edge or corner of the brush dug into the glass or scratched the glass?

Haven't had issues with scratched glass so can't help there.

I think to change out the remote start you'd have to remove the current unit, install the bidirectional and have it programmed. They use different modules, if you go to partscheap.com I am pretty sure they have the install info up and you can see what parts are actually different between teh two.

Google is no longer supported. Not sure on the voice tag, I don't use teh voice recognition on mine since it doesn't work well.

When you have your phone paired you can have it call services, once connected it will say you have a location ready to download and asks if you want to. After it downloads you can set it as a destination or whatever you want to do.

Hope that helps.