JL Stealthbox

I guess it depends on how much bass you really want. For me, the single JL Stealhbox 10" is plenty once I tuned it and made it sound right with my Boston Aucoustics door speakers. But I find that bass quantity and quality is really subjective from one person to the next. If you like A LOT of bass, than the Stealth probably isn't for you. If you want very good sounding bass that isn't over powering, but definitely adds to the music quality, than the JL is for you.

I have one installed in my 2011 sel model & I must say it sounds very good but will sound even better once I get my Audison bitone tuned :)

what does your system consist of?

I guess it depends on how much bass you really want. For me, the single JL Stealhbox 10" is plenty once I tuned it and made it sound right with my Boston Aucoustics door speakers. But I find that bass quantity and quality is really subjective from one person to the next. If you like A LOT of bass, than the Stealth probably isn't for you. If you want very good sounding bass that isn't over powering, but definitely adds to the music quality, than the JL is for you.

are your door speakers hooked up to an amp? if not does the 10" overpower them?

As of right now I have 2 sets of Audison Voce AV K6 installed with none of the tweeters that came with it. Instead I have installed a pair of Hertz ML280 tweeters installed in the "A" pillars. I have 2 Zapco amps, the first being a Reference 500.1 & the other being a Reference 360.4. I also have a bit one installed that cleaned up the sound pretty good considering I have yet to tune the bitone. I also have a pair of Hertz ML700 3inch midrange speakers that I will be putting in the dash as well as installing another Zapco reference 500.1 for the sub to give me a total of 1000 watts for the JL Stealthbox.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the JL stealth box, I took out the W3 though and replaced it with a W6. I'm running it off their 900/5 amp. In my front doors I have the C5 component set and the C2 6x8 in the rear doors. I would pass on the bitone processor and go with JBL M-8 it is a much better unit and doesn't have the bugs that the bitone has. The 900/5 a,p was small enough to fit under the panel across from the factory sub location.

I have the JL stealth box, I took out the W3 though and replaced it with a W6. I'm running it off their 900/5 amp. In my front doors I have the C5 component set and the C2 6x8 in the rear doors. I would pass on the bitone processor and go with JBL M-8 it is a much better unit and doesn't have the bugs that the bitone has. The 900/5 a,p was small enough to fit under the panel across from the factory sub location.

These "Bugs" your talking about in reference to the Audison Bit One can you tell me about them?

• 2 weeks later...
These "Bugs" your talking about in reference to the Audison Bit One can you tell me about them?
the bugs are for example that I'm aware of and have seen some personally. Ground noises from the unit, sending no signal to one speaker or multiple speakers, fried circuit boards. They are also not the most user friendly piece out there. I have taken two of these out with bad ground noises and replaced them with the JBL and no ground noise. The JBL is also the most user friendly processor avaliable as of now. There were a few other bugs with the bitone as well, but they were less common.

the bugs are for example that I'm aware of and have seen some personally. Ground noises from the unit, sending no signal to one speaker or multiple speakers, fried circuit boards. They are also not the most user friendly piece out there. I have taken two of these out with bad ground noises and replaced them with the JBL and no ground noise. The JBL is also the most user friendly processor avaliable as of now. There were a few other bugs with the bitone as well, but they were less common.

The only reason I was asking was because it seems my bitone does not like the cold. The unit takes up to 10 mins to turn on in the -7 degree weather, other than that it does the job I need it to do.