Opinion on selling my 2012 Ford Edge limited

SherryMO73

I want to sell/ trade my 2012 Ford Edge Limited. I do not really have any complaints (other than I was talked into a color I did not want but the hubby) it's more car than I need. It is a limited with the vista moon roof, adaptive cruise control, blind spot mirrors, 20 inch rims. I've had it for a year and it only has 9500 miles on it.

Do you think selling to a person would be hard/too time consuming? Or is it better to trade it at a dealer with the type of car you want to buy. I've thought about carmax but if they do not have a car I want then I really do not see the advantage.

It's kind of depressing to see what the value of your car is on the Internet. Seems that all the bells and whistles are not always the best way to go. We normally keep our car for a long time so I guess I was not expecting the value to drop so much.

Any opinions/suggestions/whatever is welcome.

Are you looking to downsize to a vehicle that is a lot smaller, or looking to go to a Fusion Hybrid, or something like that? As RHELLER stated, the 1st year is the hardest hit with depreciation, do you really want to take a SUPER beating, financially? Learn to love the colour, unless in is puke green, with hints of brown. I don't think that Ford really put out a horrible colour, and as far as options go, for me a car is NEVER optioned out, too much.

Edited by JOEHIO

As others have stated your gonna take a loss no mater what, you realize car max will pay you the same for your vehicle if you are buying a car from them or not, basically car max dosent take trade ins and apply your equity to the vehicle your buying , what they do is make it two separate transactions and buy your vehicle outright even if your not buying one from them,