DVD HEADRESTS

Ahoy Maties!!

Hope everyone is doing well today.

I asked this question on another thread, but since it was not in the interior thread I figured it may get looked over...

Where did you (whoever has bought the DVD headrests seperate, NOT from Ford)

get yours?

I looked on ebay and the ones I saw on there seemed to be for certain "makes and models"

Where do I find DVD headrests for the Edge without having Ford put them in for such an expensive cost?

Thanks!!!!

Ahoy Maties!!

I asked this question on another thread, but since it was not in the interior thread I figured it may get looked over...

get yours?

I looked on ebay and the ones I saw on there seemed to be for certain "makes and models"

Where do I find DVD headrests for the Edge without having Ford put them in for such an expensive cost?

Thanks!!!!

I bought and installed the headreasts first and recommended them to my buddy Saleen.

I have a charcoal leather interior and I ordered the black headrest which matches perfectly.

I purchased them from and Ebay seller; lettucetrade.

You can search for that seller if you like, or from any other you feel comfortable with.

I was satisfied with the headrests and would recommend them.

The headrest are universal fit so don't try and match a vehicle make.

The headrest mounting posts adjust so that it enters into various seat hole spacing. (just pull them apart; easy adjusting)

Good luck.

I bought and installed the headreasts first and recommended them to my buddy Saleen.

I have a charcoal leather interior and I ordered the black headrest which matches perfectly.

I purchased them from and Ebay seller; lettucetrade.

You can search for that seller if you like, or from any other you feel comfortable with.

I was satisfied with the headrests and would recommend them.

The headrest are universal fit so don't try and match a vehicle make.

The headrest mounting posts adjust so that it enters into various seat hole spacing. (just pull them apart; easy adjusting)

Good luck.

Hey there NYEdge! Thanks! I looked on ebay, but I am going to do a search for that particular seller.

Thanks a lot!!

:rockon:

Ahoy Maties!!

get yours?

Thanks!!!!

http://www.headrestvideo.com/vsheadrests/f...eforumdisc.html

They're here, but *scratches head*, I don't know how to install them. No instructions. Did yours come with the installation instructions? How did you fish the cables through the seat to the floor? Did you join into the powered seat for the power to the unit? Did you wire it from there into the fuse box?

Thanks, appreciate the "come on, silly apprentice" nudges in the right direction.

• 3 weeks later...

Forgot to mention:

A) the eBay DVD players are worth the money, they match perfectly and all the toys are included. $329 + $69 FedEx shipping. They got here in 2.5 days. There's no hope of a warranty kicking in if they malfunction though. It's *very* cool that my two DDs can watch completely different movies or one can play a game while the other watches High School Musical.

B ) installation isn't for us novices (even if you do own a multimeter), I ended up tapping a moonlighter from Audio Warehouse to finish wiring them (the correct version of wiring) for $40. That's good though, since I was attempting to tap into the cigarette lighter and they'd always be powered. Not a good idea, though my DDs disagree. :P

C) They're more money, and no independent viewing/gaming, but you get awarranty, bigger screens, all the toys and installation. $799 installed at Costco: http://www.costco.com/Browse/ProductSet.as...topnav=&s=1

I'm not sure I'd pony up the extra $350 for the Costco version, but it's better than the $1200 to $2400 the dealers around town quoted me and doesn't require the faith of ordering a set from Hong Kong.

Edited by Phoenix