MKX engine tick and knock follow up 2

dirkh

We have posted a youtube video of our 2012 MKX engine noise. It can be found by searching for Lincoln MKX engine knock. We had a retired Ford dearlership service manager listen to it. He advised us to send a CD to Lincoln Customer Service and one to the Ford engine manufacturing plant because he says there is definately a problem. Please listen to it and let me know what you think.

My 2012 MKX has no engine noise comparable to yours.

If you have not already, you may want to call the Lincoln Customer Relationship Center at 800-521-4140.

Be prepared to provide them your vehicle VIN, the dealership name and the dates of your Service visits and also who you spoke with at the dealership.

Make sure you mention the video you've posted to YouTube. (The search directions you provided here allowed me to immediately find your video.)

I expect they will promptly address your problem through the dealership.

Hopefully, Forum users thirdgenlxi, Dingo, and akirby will offer their expert opinions on the problem that is evident in your YouTube video after your vehicle comes off high idle speed.

Good luck!

Edited by Haz