20" tsw donington rims/tire question

shooter

Hi Guys,

In need of some input, I am planning to order tsw 20x8.5 donington rims. The edges rires always come 245 but I can get 265/50's for a better price and wouldn't mind having a wider tire.

Will I run into any problems with the wider tire, it's not that significant but any experience out there?

Also should I stick with the 40mm offset that is typical? looking for a nice flush look.

appreciate any help!

I put on 20 x 8.5 with a 35mm offset on mine and it looks great, it is also lowered. Flush with the fenders making it look much wider than the factory wheel/tire combo. See pics at my member page. I also have the Yoko 265-50 Envigors and it is fine. Speedo is a bit off, but not much. About 3 mph off at 70 mph. Speedo shows 70 and it is actuall 72.8. If you are going with a wider wheel, you want the offset a bit less so it does not compromise fit on the inside.

Edited by mikesedge

Thanks. I have H&R springs, and yes, the ride did firm up. But I came from a Pontiac G8GT and before that a Grand Prix Comp G (handling package), so I like a stiffer ride. The original ride was way too floaty for me. I too plan to get my grill changed over soon to the sport grill style.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike, how much do the HR's drop you? Do you get that double bounce you can sometimes when you drop a ride without changing the shocks. Or is it just stiffer, I would probably like it a bit tighter.

Debated going with a 55 tire height to eliminate the wheel well gap, can't stand that! Scared it will mess odometer up too much. Thoughts?

Below are the Spec's of the RIMS on my Edge. I have no issues with them! This may help you, it may not. I read the topic, but not the other posts.... So don't bash if it doesn't help!

22x9 TSW Snetterton

Brand: TSW Alloy Wheels
Model: Snetterton
Exterior: Painted
Manufacturer Part Number: 2290SNT405114S76
Sizing and Specifications
Rim Diameter: 22 inches
Rim Width: 9 inches
Bolt Pattern (Number of Holes): 5
Bolt Pattern (Pitch Circle Diameter): 114.3 millimeters
Offset: 40 millimeters
Item Weight: 40 Pounds

Below are the specs for my wheels. No issues.

Brand: TIS Alloy Wheels
Model: 16
Exterior: Machined Face / Matte Black Painted
Manufacturer Part Number: TS1628512738R
Sizing and Specifications
Rim Diameter: 20 inches
Rim Width: 8.5 inches
Bolt Pattern (Number of Holes): 5
Bolt Pattern (Pitch Circle Diameter): 114.3 millimeters
Offset: 38 millimeters
Hub: 70.6 mm

Weight: Unknown.

Tires: Goodyear Eagle GT2

Size: 275x45-20, about 30mm wider than stock 245.

Tires are flush. Gas mileage drops about 1 MPG.

H&R Springs installed 12,000 miles ago. Bumpy at first, now smooth. No over oscillation.

Good luck.