Leaking Clear-ish Fluid???

RayoVac

My wifes 2007 Edge AWD has been leaving a small amount of clear fluid on the garage floor. This is more near the front of the vehicle maybe right under or just behind the engine.

Nope, it is not condensate from the AC... I have watched and the AC condensate drips towards the rear a bit more, and does evaporate after some time.

The liquid is clear and marginally slick... it does not have a strong smell or taste (yeah I tasted it).

I was thinking maybe brake fluid? Any ideas?

It seems to be continuing at a very slow rate. I have some oil dry on the floor now and am going to look for new deposits in the oil dry to determine where it seems to be coming from.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Rayo

• 2 weeks later...
Is it coolant? If it isn't, i don't have a clue what it is. Did it taste sweet? If it did, it may be coolant. My .02

Yes... I guess it might have been a bit sweet. I was thinking the same thing. Coolant would be the only thing clear I could think of. Brake fluid as well, but it did not taste like mineral oil or brake fluid.

Maybe the coolant was a bit too full from the factory and has been expansion overflowing.

Thanks,

Rayo

• 1 month later...
My wifes 2007 Edge AWD has been leaving a small amount of clear fluid on the garage floor. This is more near the front of the vehicle maybe right under or just behind the engine.

Nope, it is not condensate from the AC... I have watched and the AC condensate drips towards the rear a bit more, and does evaporate after some time.

The liquid is clear and marginally slick... it does not have a strong smell or taste (yeah I tasted it).

I was thinking maybe brake fluid? Any ideas?

It seems to be continuing at a very slow rate. I have some oil dry on the floor now and am going to look for new deposits in the oil dry to determine where it seems to be coming from.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Rayo

See my post regarding Small oil leaks - engine block issues. Had a small, clearish oil leak that eresulted in an entire new engine!! Darn those poorly cast aluminum engine blocks :mad:

I' am going to say that the original problem WAS condensate on this. It seems that the A/C unit's tend to dump the water after the vehicle is turned off. I've noticed a lot of water on my garage floor/ parking spots and it tends to make you worry. More so that previous generation's of Condensers. IF it had even a slight taste that would be the G-5 anti-freeze coolant. Brake fluid would have been clear oily. Power steering red. Oil is oil. And that should show tracing's down the block.. Throw some dirt/dust on the block to make it highlight more.

The original poster didn't return a follow-up report. so it's speculation at this point.

Edited by 07 MKX