Questions regarding HIDs for 2013 Edge SEL

This seems to be a huge topic of conversation as I have seen but I feel I could be here forever so I'm hoping that when someone gets time, they could reply with some answers for me... I appreciate responses!!

My wife and I leased a 2013 Edge SEL a few weeks ago. VERY nice vehicle and we're both very pleased. One of the things I'm fond of is that it has projectors. Downfall is that only the limited comes stock with HIDs. I was thinking of getting DDM's (since that is what I have on the stang and love them). My question is how does the high beams work in a single projector housing. I'd like to install HIDs but since my wife drives the Edge daily I dont want her to be with out high beams. When she was driving the mach she may not have had high beams but the lights had residual light reflection since they're not projectors that helped but I dont want her to be without high beams.

So to sum up my questions:

1) For HID installs, do you lose high beam usage?

2) What size HIDs would be used?

3) Does the install require headlight removal?

Edited by MikeSicily

Mike,

A few answers:

1. No. The stock projectors have a flapper that moves away to reveal the upper spectrum of any bulb for the high beams.

2. Bulb size, 9006.

3. No. However, one needs to pay close attention to the bulb placment into the housing. Correct positioning of the bulb tabs is key for correct installation.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Eddie Man