The 2 it came down to...

In my 2 months of serching, the last 2 choices were the Equinox Sport and the Edge SEL+. Both were AWD and had 260+ HP. I waited 2 weeks for the new sport Equinox model to come in prior to making my decision just to see the difference. The Edge obviously has a more stream lined look but Chev stepped up the Equinox with this Sport version.

Pricing is slightly less on the Chev and it was impressive. Obviously not impressive enough as it was less than an hour after test driving it that I bought my Edge. :rockon:

Less than 5 hours till I get it.... :hyper:

post-1642-1190650858_thumb.jpg

post-1642-1190650975_thumb.jpg

Edited by blu by u

Good Choice! You won't regret getting an Edge. My family has always had luxury vehicles (Mercedes, BMW, etc.), and I feel that my Edge is as good if not a better ride than any of the sedans that they have owned. Hope you enjoy!!

Appreciate it! So far I'm really happy with it. The ride is certainly amazing for a crossover vehicle. Enjoy yours too!

Cheers,

Steve

• 3 months later...

Appreciate it! So far I'm really happy with it. The ride is certainly amazing for a crossover vehicle. Enjoy yours too!

Cheers,

Steve

Aaaaah, so since I just completed a "trade" from a 99 XJR to an Edge SEL+, I'm happy to hear someone else mention that the ride on the Edge is worthy of luxury car comparisons.

After having driven the Equinox/Torrent both sport and luxo models as well as the Outlook, the CX7 and 9, a Jeep Wrangler 4dr, Hyundai VeraCruz, etc...I gotta say, after 10 minutes in the Edge, my comment to my wife was, "This reminds me of the Cadillac (another one of my fleet). The Edge is hands down the most substantial feeling automobile as well as most comfortable (smoothest) riding of the cars I drove.

Final comment...the EDGE was NOT on my radar. The FORD dealership just happened to be across the street from the Chevy dealership! I didn't buy the Edge because of it's looks...simply the ride!

I could not agree with you guys more. My wife had been saying for weeks that she wanted to go and drive an Edge. I convinced her to drive the Mazda CX7 and CX9 first along with the 2009 Nissan Murano. She was close to buying the Mazda CX7 but we told the dealer that we wanted to drive the Edge first. One minute of driving was all it took. There was no comparison. The Edge felt so much better than anything we had driven and her mind was made up. Ford really hit a homerun with the Edge!

• 1 month later...