may be old topic?? 2013 autolamp sensor on dash

This most likely has been talked about before? The sensor in the center of the dash doesn't turn the headlights on soon enough. Has to be pretty dark before they come on. This is a fix that I used. I removed the sensor. I used a small flat blade pocket screw driver to push under each end to release the clip. I ground the blade real thin and smoothed with emory paper so not to scratch the dash. I cleaned the sensor with rubbing alcohol. Set the sensor in a small plastic cap to keep it from falling over. I used flat black paint. I sprayed one thin coat. Let dry. Used a paper towel to rub the over spray off, leaving it semi shiny. Looks just like OEM when installed. I did put too much paint on the first try. Rubbing alcohol and a rag will remove it. Now the lights come on when the sky is glumy and overcast. I've had it painted for three weeks seems to do what I wanted it to. If it turns out the lights come on too often I can remove some or all the paint.

Larry

Northern,Inpost-26092-0-80498400-1364502366_thumb.jpg