chrome wheels!!

nickys.edge

so im looking for 18" chrome wheels but i dont know what to look for and where. can you give me some ideas maybe share what you have done to your edge. im totally new to pimpin out my car, im a girl what can i say. eeek

Congrats on your new car by the way...I read your other thread - be sure and let us know how successful you were in your purchase.

There are several websites that are great resources for buying wheels. www.tirerack.com - www.1010tires.com are just a couple. These have a feature where you can actually either see or post a picture of your car and see what the wheels will look like.

Check out the gallery on this website too. Many of us have aftermarket wheels; that should give you an idea also.

Hit the book store and look at some of the car magazines. Anything from Car and Driver to some of the "Ricer" mod magazines - they all have ads showing different wheels and their prices.

When you have narrowed it down, let us know where you are leaning and some of us who are into "pimpin" can give you are .02 worth.

One of my first suggestions would be to tint your windows. That is a very inexpensive "pimp" that will change the looks of your ride. I don't know what the going rate in your area is but the place I have taken all my cars to charges $40.00 per window (any % tint) and gives a lifetime warranty.

so im looking for 18" chrome wheels but i dont know what to look for and where. can you give me some ideas maybe share what you have done to your edge. im totally new to pimpin out my car, im a girl what can i say. eeek

Any particular chrome wheels?

Are you looking for a factory set to replace 17 inchers? If so I will have an intact (meaning Tire Pressure Monitoring System and tires) set for sale by the weekend.

I bought new wheels and tires then ended up with two of the new ones damaged in shipping. The replacements should be here today or tomorrow, then I'll have them installed, hopefully no later than Saturday.

I tend to get a little wordy (when I get excited :rolleyes: ) but I have posted a thread for my wheels down in the Classifieds section of the forum.

If you're looking for aftermarket wheels go HERE and enter in all your car info.

You can sort by size, finish, manufacturer, etc.

Tirerack has all sorts of good stuff.

Be aware of the TPMS I mentioned above if you're looking to go aftermarket.

There are these little sensors on some straps inside the tires, around the wheels, that talk to your Edge's computer and tell it if you have a low tire.

Plenty of info on that here if/when you want it.

;)

Good Hands beat me to the punch. hehe.

As he says, there are a bunch of us "pimpin out" or Edges. We're happy to guide where guidance is needed.

Edited by scoopo

Scoopo mentioned the TPMS. One thing I have noticed with a few people who went "bigger" was that the shop charged for "bigger" TPMS straps.

My place DID NOT charge me for those. They were included at no charge (I asked them).

Granted, I bought 4 tires and 4 wheels but still....

Watch to see if they charge you and if they do, let us know how much. The other people here should be able to tell you if the price is reasonable.

Speaking of chrome wheels. My new Edge has the 18" chrome wheels and I'm wondering the best way to clean them between washes. They feel like they have a plastic coating rather then a real chrome finish so would it be OK to use a window cleaner type product and soft paper towel to shine it up?

Thanks

Get yourself some Windex and a $5 pack of microfiber "rags" from Autozone or equivalent.

Works great and looks great ;)

im looking at some of the websites you all gave me. thanks again. im thinking of all black 5 spoked rims. just your basic 5 in black, i really like the way it looks. oh anas far as tint, ill be doing that too. thanks for the tips!! pix to come soon.

I just got my black wheels installed today. Finally! Looks GREAT!!

Managed to get the tires all shiny before dark but will have to wait till Saturday probably to get a fresh wash and get some nice "after" pics :shades: