10 Edge SEL puddle lights

(DISREGARD this reply. I totally misunderstood Dapgovols question. See my post two replies down.)

You really only have two options. Option one (my favorite, hee hee ;-) is to get a set of my plug and play LED Puddle Lights and Option two is to cut open your own stock lights and install an LED. There isn't any "wiring kits" or "lights" specifically made for converting puddle lights.

(Shameless plug time: we - DAYTIME BrightLites - are running a sale on our LED Puddle Lights. Head over to the Sales/Promotions page of our website for info and pricing on these and other LED products for your Edge.)

Edited by kc300c

Dang! I have LEDs on the brain. So much so, that I'm seeing the word when it's not even there. :kuko: Sorry Dapgovol.

Let's try this again. My reply, Take 2:

Do the mirrors in your SEL have the round blank plastic covers where the puddle lamps would have gone? If so, you won't have to replace the entire mirror. Just remove the blank cover and snap-in the new puddle lamp. As for the wiring, there will not be any wiring inside the mirror to power the puds. You will need to run two wires from the mirror into the passenger compartment and connect to an existing circuit. The easiest circuit to use is the dome light. Here's what I would do (disclaimer: I do not represent myself as an expert in automotive wiring. I am just saying how I would do it if I were installing the wiring)

1) I would use 16 or 18 gauge wire.

2) crimp on female spade connector

3) run the wires from each mirror to the dome light.

4) install an inline fuse holder on each positive wire from the new puds with a 2 amp fuse.

5) use a quick splice connector to connect the positive wires from the puds to the positive of the dome.

6) Attach the negative pud wires to a ground location. There is an existing grounding stud behind the center column trim between the front and back doors. Save you from having to drill a hole into the body.

I would love to hear from anyone that has alternate install methods.

Hope this helps and actually is actually relevant to your original question :D .

Edited by kc300c