Dash lights go out when Front Wipers are on!?

Hoping someone has had this happen before & may be able to shed some light (no pun intended) on this

My wife took my 2010 Edge Sport today & she's telling me that anytime she turns the (front only) wipers on that the dash lights go out (everything except temp)

The rear wipers are fine - it only occurs with the front wipers. It also doens't matter if you have it on intermittant OR regular cycle. As soon as you turn wipers off...the lights come back on.

Could this be something simple like a bad ground or something alot more buried as a problem? I am out of bumper to bumper warranty & this wouldn't be covered under powertrain warranty.

Any suggestions are appreciated (other than don't use your wiper :)

Sounds like the dimmer control for the dash lights is turned all the way down so it only appears they go off - they're just super dim.

Turning on the wipers turns on the headlamps if using autolamps so there is no short. Try turning the dimmer control all the way up when the lights are on.

No maybe i didn't explain myself as well as I should have.

Wipers off = Dash is lit up bright as normal since day 1 - dimmer switch never gets moved from full bright position

Turn wipers on = dash lights go out - not dim. just gone / missing.

Something is happening when the signal to turn on wipers & causing issues to my display. In talking to my Engineering Director here (& being in the Auto industry) He's claiming that the majority of electrical items in a vehicle are run the module of the vehicle (to manage current etc..). I"m hoping this issue has nothing to do with anything module related! :( & is something MUCH simpler.

ok...she drove it again today & it rained again today...oddly enough she said she did play with the dimmer switch thinking that may have been one of the reasons it was doing this. She swears that the dash lights went from full brightness to OFF simply by turning on the wipers....

I'm happy to report that magically it seems to work normal again?? :) I guess I will keep an eye on this when I take it back tomorrow

Thanks for the suggestion(s)