Found a new glass treatment

While at the detail shop, I noticed on the counter a product called" Aquapel". It is available from Pittsburg Glass and Window. This is like SUPER Rain-X!! It doesn't seem to wear off like Rain-X does after a few storms. It supposedly forms a molecular bond with the glass and acts as a coating. The water still sheets off like Rain-X, it just lasts longer(been 4 weeks now and it still works great). Makes the "bug goo" come off easier too!

Go to Ebay or Amazon to find it, search through the listings to get the best price. I got an 8-pack from Amazon(forget the price). The reason being, that one applicator will do ONE windshield, But you have to move pretty quick. Coat glass up/down the back/forth and wipe off while still wet(very important) I got enough to do the whole vehicle and I'm liking it better every day. :rockon: Good luck, Bob C.

I've used it for a couple years and agree on it's awesomeness. I use 6 at a time on the edge and 4 on my wife's car, so I order a couple dozen/year. I reapply every 6 months, and it's not even all the way depleted then.

Ā 

One tip: It's incredibly difficult to wipe it all the way off, but after the application, just wash the car and the surplus will come off without all the tedious buffing.

• 3 weeks later...

They were throwing some of it out at work when I thought I would give it a try several years ago. Wow! It works great and lasts a very long time. Unfortunatly, I've used my last application on our new Edge's windshield. I'm going to have to buy some more to treat the large sunroof!

I'm going to give Aquapel a try! Question for those of you that have already used it. I currently use Rain-X and it works good on side windows except when I put it on the front glass and I turn the wipers on. When they make a pass across the windshield one way is clear and when they come back in the opposite direction it is kinda foggy. So it ends up being clear/foggy, clear/foggy clear/foggy as the wipers go across and back. Do any of you experience this using Aquapel?