I have come to the conclusion that TRS is a very dangerous site for my pocketbook. That road trip to Buckeye (nee, rural) AZ really has me thinking of ways to seriously upgrade the headlights in the Edge.

This is what I have in mind....

a) Replace stock headlight capsules with HID equipped versions from Levittown Ford or Ebay (minus bulbs and stock ballasts) and upgrade to a 50w 5000K D3S bi-xenon kit.

B) Upgrade Stock Halogen Projectors to a 5000K D2S Bi-Xenon setup and one of the clear lenses from TRS

Obviously, there are going to be a lot of questions about changing the projector. Can it be done easily without screwing things up? What is the diameter of the lens?

This is what I have done so far:

- Sent PMs to Whiteis to see about getting a projector swap done

- Spoke with Dan to test some new HIDs in the current projectors

- Got quotes from Benny about the headlight assemblies but trying to find a Morimoto D3S kit

Still doing research. Last night's drive from Sedona required me to drive back with the high beams on a majority of the way. I hardly got blinked at.

• 2 weeks later...

Changed my factory bulbs to H11 6K HID, works great in the factory projector...plus retains the High beam with only one bulb since its the shutter that moves for high

Small adjustment to one of the tabs on the bulb and it twist locked right in.

Just thought I would share.

• 3 weeks later...