What would you do?

Greetings

I enjoy the forum--thanks to those who take time to help

So I have a 2012 limited. Window sticker says I have navigation system and salesman told me I would just need to order a sd card (bought it with 21000 miles so salesman just made it seem like the ad card had been lost). Now I find out that its possible to have MFT w/o nav, which I think is my situation. I have an appointment for MFT update tomorow. If I am correct that I do not have nav, in you guys opinion, do I have grounds for raising hell? (Well I know I have the ground to raise hell...my question is, do you guys think it will accomplish anything? Lol)

Thanks much

Jack

To my knowledge, the SD card isn't the only accessory needed for the Navigation. I believe, at least for the 2013 Fusion, you have to have a module in the front bumper area of the car that picks up the GPS for the Navigation.. The SD card just holds the maps and other softwares needed for the two to talk to each other. I opte'd out of the Navigation in my 13' Fusion Titanium, becuase I didn't feel 800$ was needed for a map on my Touch Screen.. However, if you were told that your vehicle had something and it doesn't and the "SALESMAN" will admit that he stated it had it.. Then you have some good ground to go on. As for getting Navigation in the car after the fact, if it didn't come with it.. It's my understanding that you can't do that...

Edited by Eatinitup

Yeah, from what I have found so far, I won't be able to add it. Oh well. I have heard the GPS on MFT is pretty sub par anyways.

In regards to salesman making incorrect statement, maybe I can get some freebie maintance out of the deal. I kinda feel like it was an honest mistake on his part so I prob will just let it go.

The MFT is very glitchy with slow interface. Can I expect this to be better with the update I plan on getting tomorow?

You can expect some good things out of it... MFT has come a long way from when it first started. I have the newest update in my 13 Fusion Titanium and I have not had any problems with it as of yet.. I see myself in your comment above a bit.. I am the same way, i woudl probably just drop it and let it go.. I hate confrontation! I am the same with the MFT, I am a technology guru and do it for a living.. I know that software glitches at times and if you want to play with technology, you have to be prepared for it to not work perfectly at all times. If my MFT was messing up, I would probably just deal with it, if it was tolerable.

So was the window sticker which says you have Navigation the factory sticker, or one of those the dealership makes up to put on used cars? If factory, and if the VIN is listed the same as what your VIN is, you do have nav.

If it's something the dealer put on a homemade window sticker, I would ask for several hundred dollars of credit for services or accessories!

There was a similar questions several months ago about a window sticker saying he had nav but he didn't think he actually had it. Was that you or did this happen to someone else also?

This is the first time I have posted about this issue. It was a used vehicle (21000 miles) so I would think it was a sticker they created. Ill go out to my glove box when I get home and check.

Do you know of a way to check from the MFT screen ? In the top right corner it just says information with no mention of nav (other than the sync free callin nav)

Found it! Here's a link you can read (http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/11330-view-your-window-sticker-online/?hl=%2Bwindow+%2Bsticker) which describes an online resource to view your window sticker. IMO, if you question the sales guy's integrity go to the link and check. You may get some piece of mind. Good luck!

I've run into a few bad sales guys and many good ones. Unfortunately, we primarily remember the bad ones, but the good guys I try to send referrals.

Edited by rwolson

If the actual window sticker says it came with Nav then all you need is the SD card. The dealer should have one from the last MFT upgrade. If you're still under the factory 3/36K warranty then Ford should take care of it if the dealer can't or won't. I think Ford actually extended the MFT warranty with the last upgrade so it may be covered longer than 3/36K.

If it's out of warranty then it's strictly between you and the salesperson since you bought it used.

Thx all. I used the link provided by rwolson to find the original sticker...it does not have nav. (Very cool link. Thx rwolson!). I wonder if i got caught in a deliberate dealership trick....the salesman did seem pretty quick to jump on the "all you need is an sd card" story. Well, I guess I'll see what kind of mood I am in when I take it in for MFT update. Really I wasn't too concerned about the nav from the get go...just would of been nice to have.

I don't know why it would matter in regards to this issue but I did get the extra ESP 100,000/7 yr warranty. I know some disagree but money well spent in my opinion. On another note, I have not had time to go over specifically what needs to be done to maintain that warranty. Am I going to get a surprise when I take it in for 30000 mile checkup? ie $800 bill to keep it w/i warranty specs? I know I should look this up but I really don't have the time due to new career that is awesome but time consuming...plus the new job handles all the bills for the vehicle....just figure I should let the boss know! Lol.

My story should be a warning to others though. After thinking about it, I feel confident the salesman knew...he was just flapping his gums to make a sale. I didn't buy it for the nav though. I bought it because its quick, comfy, large enough for my gear, and IMO pretty cool looking. I'm happy edge owner so far. MFT is kinda lane though. Hopefully update I'm getting tomorrow will improve it.

Edited by Jackman5000

I never ever trust the sales person. Do your own research before hand. Ask them question you know the awnser to. I've had one get so wrapped up in his own lie he confused himself. Also read the sticker, if an option is listed I'll say show me how that works. If they can't then its see ya later.

Kelley Blue Book lists a 2012 Edge Limited (21,000 miles) without navigation at $28,841 dealer retail while the same vehicle with navigation goes for $29,606. That's a $765 difference that you should be entitled to IF you can prove it was promissed (the navigation option seems to have retained most of its $795 new value). The problem is that unless you have it in writing, you're going to have a tough time getting anything. Dealer sales contracts always have a clause stating that the written contract is the entire agreement and that anything else that anyone may have said is not binding. If the dealer wants to keep your business, you may get some sort of goodwill adjustment like some free oil changes or something but otherwise I wouldn't expect anything more than an apology (if that).