Ford Edge Center Console (plastic piece) cover?

Does anyone have any suggestions when it comes to covering/wrapping/painting this piece in the center tray?

Plasti-Dip it.. If you don't like it, peel it off and try something else. Plasti-Dip is also coming out in many colors now.. It's so easy to work with and if you screw up, there's something really wrong~!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just painted mine about 2 weeks ago. I guess you could go to ford and buy their paint, I used Duplicolor exterior paint. Ford Silver Frost. It is a very popular silver they used for years. I had a can left over from fixing the rear bumper on my 1998 Ford Contour Sport. Hear is the final picture. When I got the car it was pretty beat up.

By the way, the panel just pops out. Open the armrest and grab the panel and pull straight up. It is held in with clips. Just remove the black rubber ring around the shift area and the cup holder rubbers. The "ash tray" was from my Contour and is used for change not smoking. LOL

post-31363-0-74359100-1411773586_thumb.jpg

Edited by PaulSchott
  • Like 1

Just painted mine about 2 weeks ago. I guess you could go to ford and buy their paint, I used Duplicolor exterior paint. Ford Silver Frost. It is a very popular silver they used for years. I had a can left over from fixing the rear bumper on my 1998 Ford Contour Sport. Hear is the final picture. When I got the car it was pretty beat up.

By the way, the panel just pops out. Open the armrest and grab the panel and pull straight up. It is held in with clips. Just remove the black rubber ring around the shift area and the cup holder rubbers. The "ash tray" was from my Contour and is used for change not smoking. LOL

Looks good... What kind of prep work did you do to it?

• 1 year later...

I had a clear bra put on my 2016 Sport. I had the tech hand cut a piece of the product and apply it to the area around the tray. He did a great job. If you didn't know it was there you would never see it. When I show it to people they have to run their finger over the edges to believe me. I agree, why Ford used shinny black plastic is a mystery. They should have used the same material that is above the glove box. Sort of carbon fibre looking. Would have tied in better as well. I would post a picture but you wouldn't be able to see the film. That's the point. Wrapping or covering with a different looking material is a good idea as well. I have seen entire cars wrapped in different colors.

• Like 1