2011+ sport wheels on 2009

Nowak1981

I would just like to point out that i went through all the trouble to buy the 2011 ford edge sport 22's to replace the older sport model rims on my 2009 edge.

Despite being practically identical rims, the new rims DONT fit the older car.........

The reason is that the center hubs on the newer edges are smaller then the older ones. It cause the wheel to sit on that lip as opposed to the hub. Not cool...

So after i spent yesterday morning at the tire shop having new tires and tpms installed to learn the hard way that you should always double check ALL your measurements.

Today i am gonna try and get a machine shop to cut out some of the aluminum on the back of the wheel so they will fit the car. Which means ill have to have the wheels taken apart and then put back together.....again...and at $40 a peice to mount its turning into a chunk of change....

Ill post some pictures later so you get a better idea of whst im talking about

Sorry you learned the hard (and expensive) way. I saw the title and was hoping you were asking if the 2011 would fit the 2009. 2011 was the first year on the Edge that the smaller hub bore size was used. I have no idea why they did that.

Hopefully you can find a machine shop to cut the wheels as that is the only way to get them to fit as far as I know.