Pulled Trigger for 2013 Edge Ltd fwd

mgl79

Hey Gang,

Traded wife's Explorer in for a new 2013 Edge Limited fwd. I think it's great, she is still a little unsure. Too many

things to learn. We have an 09 Ford F150 Platinum with the Sync and Nav but the MyTouch is a little different.

In a week or so it should be cool ! Looking forward to info and some add-ons.

I consider myself one of the least tech knowledgeable Edge owner's with Sync and MFT! Having said that, I am able to get the MFT to do what I want/need it to do MOST of the time. There have been times I have been tempted to throw a brick through the screen, but it's usually because of something I have done incorrectly, not because of the system itself.

Now there have been several occasions when the system didn't do what it was supposed to do or do it how it was supposed to do it. I have managed to get past those SNAFU's and have survived. One such example is the album art which sometimes does, but most of the time does not, show when I am playing music from a USB. I just ignore it now and enjoy the music I have recorded for my listening pleasure.

I bet you and your wife will do just fine with the system. Congrats on the new Edge and welcome.

I got my Edge just under 2 weeks ago and I like the MFT and find it pretty easy to navigate. I find MFT to have some bugs but from what I understand its leaps and bounds ahead of where it started. I have a USB key in with music on it and ill be listening to Sirius radio and some times when I go to restart my Edge it will switch to USB. I'm going to let my Sirius radio expire at the end of the trial and will stick to USB and a local radio station that I like so hopefully it won't be an issue long term. I have also once had some of my settings get lost but it was easy to find them again so no big deal. Biggest annoyance to me is how much gets locked out while your driving especially in the GPS. My passenger can't even enter a street address when were moving.

Over all I'm very pleased with my Edge, wait let me rephrase that. I LOVE MY EDGE

• 1 month later...

Congrats & welcome! How long did you have the Explorer? Many people seem to own one for a decade or more prior to a trade. What color is your Edge? Pics?

Sorry did not see your post. Bought 2003 Explorer new. Had 74k miles on it when sold. Was a good truck ( suv) no real issues, even pulled boat with it a while until we got the 09 F150. Had 97 F350 diesel 4x4 prior. Just was time to move Explorer with the deals offered. New Edge Tuxedo Black. Have not had a dark vehicle for last three. All versions of Ford whites.