Exhaust smell in cabin

I have a 2013 Edge SEL AWD and when I have my window open just a little or all the way down and Im going to pull onto the freeway or just step on it about 3/4 peddle the exhaust fumes will come into the cabin,anyone have any ideas why it does this? I looked at the exhaust system and I find no leaks. Never had a vehicle do this before ever not even the beaters I have owned. When I take it in for my oil change Ill tell the dealer about it but I wanted to see if anyone here could tell me something. Thanks

• 3 months later...

I have a 2013 Edge SEL AWD and when I have my window open just a little or all the way down and Im going to pull onto the freeway or just step on it about 3/4 peddle the exhaust fumes will come into the cabin,anyone have any ideas why it does this? I looked at the exhaust system and I find no leaks. Never had a vehicle do this before ever not even the beaters I have owned. When I take it in for my oil change Ill tell the dealer about it but I wanted to see if anyone here could tell me something. Thanks

Update Well I took my Edge in for service and told them about the exhaust smell coming in the cabin,they told me they found some stickers on the exhaust put there by Ford and they took them off and it was fixed,Well I left the dealer and guess what its NOT fixed the exhaust is still coming in when under hard acceleration when passing or going up a long hill,70 percent gas or more.Not sure what to do now,we took the edge on vacation and the smell was so bad at one time me and my wife got sick and had to stop for the day and go to a hotel.I will let my dealer know and see what they say before calling a lawyer. By the way there head mechanic and I went for a ride and he confirmed what I was telling them and he did smell it.

Well, grab a cup or glass of your favorite beverage, and start reading these over 900 posts about a smell under acceleration on the new body style Explorer! Smells range from oil, sulfur, exhaust, or just a burning smell.

A lot of owner's have the problem, compared to only a few I've seen posted on the Edge forum here.

The latest fix was to modify some type of exhaust vents at the rear of the vehicle per several TSB's issued. Not a 100% fix per some owner's who had it done.

That TSB is 12-12-04, and I believe there was another one TSB 12-12-08? I can't find the actual TSB yet on line, but it is explained in great detail in the Explorer posts.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323597&highlight=oil+smell

Edited by ls973800

Well, grab a cup or glass of your favorite beverage, and start reading these over 900 posts about a smell under acceleration on the new body style Explorer! Smells range from oil, sulfur, exhaust, or just a burning smell.

A lot of owner's have the problem, compared to only a few I've seen posted on the Edge forum here.

The latest fix was to modify some type of exhaust vents at the rear of the vehicle per several TSB's issued. Not a 100% fix per some owner's who had it done.

That TSB is 12-12-04, and I believe there was another one TSB 12-12-08? I can't find the actual TSB yet on line, but it is explained in great detail in the Explorer posts.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323597&highlight=oil+smell

Thanks for the info,of course my dealer told me this is the first they have even heard of this issue with any Ford vehicle.