90,000 Mile Service

Kitulu

I called the local dealer and they quoted me $350 for the 90,000 mile service. Said service includes an oil change, air filter, wiper blades, tire rotation, and the multi-point inspection.

Seriously...$350 for something I can do in about 2 hours in my garage?

The icing on the cake is the sparkplugs...that is covered under a tuneup, and is an additional $400.

I think I will be going to Autozone tomorrow for some oil and filters, and a torque wrench.

The maintenance guide recommends replacing the PCV valve at 105,000 miles, except for 3V engines...is the 3.5 V6 in the FWD Edge Limited a 3V engine?

At the milage you have on it I would just go ahead and replace the PCV valve if there is one to replace. Sure won't hurt anything and it's a relative inexpensive part. Rock Auto is showing the Ford Motorcraft PCV # EV257 for the non electric heated PCV for $6.53.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?ck[year_1993]=true&ck[mkt_US]=true&ck[mkt_EU]=false&ck[mkt_CA]=true&ck[mkt_MX]=true&ck[viewcurrency]=USD&ck[iD]=0&ck[idlist]=0&ck[php_SESSION_ID]=48mrosba3jhd8m51aeaok3fqa6

I would certainly change the trans fluid as well if you haven't done so yet. P/S and brake fluid is always good to flush out periodically as well (usually do mine every 6-12 months..... and trans drain & fill at every oil change). I'd go ahead and do spark plugs too (NGK's work great if you don't use Motorcraft) and PCV as mentioned above. Coolant will be due in another 30k or so. Don't forget to check the cabin air filter too!

But yea that dealer price is downright absurd for just an oil change, tire rotation, wiper blades, and air filter.... unless there's more to it than that and they forgot to mention something

GAAHHH!

Well, went to Autozone today to get the stuff for the sparkplug change...and they don't have the intake manifold gasket, PCV valve, or torque wrench in the range that I need.

Bought the plugs and anti-sieze while I was there, and ordered the rest of the stuff from Amazon and Rock Auto. Hopefully it will all be here before my vacation time ends.