After Installing 4 3157 RED LED's in the Tail Lights Now This Happens???

After installing these bulbs (2012 Sport) I noticed once I was behind a chrome bumper at a stop light that my front switchback turn signals and vertical running lights now come on whenever I hit the break peddle and continue to stay on until I take my foot off the break!! They seem to only come on about half power as they are not as bright as when I have the headlights turned on. Anyone else notice this and is there a way to fix it?

Cheers,

OK thanks Prinzll,

I was hoping not to go the resistor route but I looks like has to be done.

Does anyone know witch resistors I will have to go with and for witch bulbs or all of them.

As far as the warranty, adding resistors I would guess it would start to void any warranties to the electrical and lighting systems.

Thanks guys,

airball187, this happen when LED bulb manufacturer "forgets" to install diodes in the bulb. Low intensity light gets connected to the stop light via resistor, so stop light back feeds the markers and running lights when no other regular bulbs installed as a markers. The solutions are:

- Open the LED bulbs and install 2 diodes in each

- Return the LED bulbs, buy another pair and hope that manufacturer has better memory.

- Keep at least one regular bulb in the side market circuit.

Thanks Dingo, DSofT

Opening the LED bulbs and install 2 diodes in each sounds like the way to go as the bulbs were bought online and I have a couple extra. Anyone ever attempted to install diodes to LED bulbs, I haven't seen anything on the forums on how to do this?

Also anyone ever had any trouble with upgrading bulbs to LED when the vehicle is still under warranty and I is brought to the dealership for maintenance?

Thanks again guys,

Thanks Dingo, DSofT

Opening the LED bulbs and install 2 diodes in each sounds like the way to go as the bulbs were bought online and I have a couple extra. Anyone ever attempted to install diodes to LED bulbs, I haven't seen anything on the forums on how to do this?

Also anyone ever had any trouble with upgrading bulbs to LED when the vehicle is still under warranty and I is brought to the dealership for maintenance?

Thanks again guys,

should be no issue at all...half of them wont even notice

• 4 weeks later...