Need feedback - Looking to purchase a Ford Edge

Need feddback on car decision. Not sure which Edge year model to purchase under $18000. Also looking at the 2011 Chevrolet Equinox.

1. 2011 Ford Edge SE for $17,913, (52,528 miles)

2. 2009 Ford Edge SEL AWD for $17,888, (65,415 miles)

3. 2008 Ford Edge Limited AWD for $17,988, (71,494 miles)

or 2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS for $17,999, (37,858)

Don't get an '07 or '08 AWD. They are notorious for some kind of leak. I forget which, but I remember it when I was searching. The '11 seems like the best deal to me. I wouldn't buy a Chevy simply for political reasons, but I also think the Ford's look much better. Good luck! I got my '08 SEL last year with 70k on the clock for $19k flat.

I think the average driver puts on 10-12k miles a year on vehicles. That's what I remember my insurance company telling me. I have an '11 I bought brand new, it has 25k on it and I drive it everyday to and from work. I don't do a lot of cross-state/country driving though.

If you consider the Equinox at all, make sure it IS NOT the 4 cylinder model. That engine has a terrible track record and many owner's have received buy backs or new engines. The 6 cylinder is OK. I read the Equinox and Terrain forum board and have followed many of the owner's trying to get help with their 4 cylinder engine problems.

In my humble opinion from all the research on Ford Vehicles from Forums, Reviewers, Social Media Pages etc I am sure glad I have leased my 2013 Ford Edge SEL 3.5 engine - Platinum White Tri-Coat with Appearance Package. 36 months and out to either stay with the Edge as I really like the over all design or move on.

............ Now do not get me wrong so far after 3 months I love this vehicle and my only complaint is Ford needs to Step UP their quality control in the "Fit and Trim" area.

Just not convinced that "owning" is a smart move. But to be fair I found, again in my opinion, FORD really needs to re-think who is awarded dealerships as the majority of complaints from customers is towards dealerships........ The "Car Salesmen Mentality" seems to over power the "Customer Service Mentality".

Right now @ 1755 miles I am pleased with the 16.9 mpg which includes mostly short distance [10 to 20 mile roundtrips - residence to destination to residence - city driving. And Freeway drives from LA to Huntington Beach California to surf - about 88 miles round trip.