Warranty on the 08' Edge (Extended & Wheels)

Kontra

I'm buying my 2008 Edge. Do you recommend the extended warranty for $1,700 (100,000 miles/ 5yrs)? How about the $250 warranty for the wheels and rims for 5 years? I don't plan on going off-roading at all, but you never know. I'll probably have this car for 6 years.

What r u all doing?

I payed $1100 for the extended warranty.

You say wheels and rims. Do you mean tire and wheels (rims)?

Tires are warrantied by the tire manufacturer for mileage, not years of use.

The wheels really don't need any additional coverage-my extended warranty covers everything from the front bumper to the rear bumper.

Being somewhat of a wheel/tire guy myself, I have to ask this...

Getting a warranty specifically for the wheels will cover any and all damage (for whatever reason).

Did you specifically ask them about your warranty extending to the wheels? I have known people who thought their vehicle extended warranty covered the wheels, but the first time they scraped on a curb (or whatever) and tried to get new ones, they were denied by the dealer.

I'm buying my 2008 Edge. Do you recommend the extended warranty for $1,700 (100,000 miles/ 5yrs)? How about the $250 warranty for the wheels and rims for 5 years? I don't plan on going off-roading at all, but you never know. I'll probably have this car for 6 years.

What r u all doing?

Please vist this website to learn more about Ford warranties and what they cover.

http://www.fordwarranty.com/