HELP! What is this switch for 2007 Edge

I have a 2007 edge we bought used a couple years ago for my wife, she drives it 99% of the time. I just noticed a switch mounted below the steering wheel. Didn't seem to do anything. I tried to trace the wires (3) coming out of it , but I can't contort (@my age) to see up under the dash. I removed it last night. Wife called me today and said the horn doesn't chirp when she locks/unlocks the doors with the remote. It looks after market & I can't find anything about it in the manual. I can use some help if anyone has seen this before.

post-10285-0-48559400-1375996548_thumb.jpg

post-10285-0-08234200-1375996578_thumb.jpg

It's definitely aftermarket, but I can't imagine that a security system has a visual switch to shut it off... without tracing the wires, I would have no clue what it is. See if there's a part number of company name on it somewhere and do a web search?

No name or part number. Just a sticker with "tested" date

It looks to be the momentary switch used in aftermarket alarms to program system options and control things like valet mode. You would have to find the alarm "brain" box to get the alarm make and model so you could find an owner's manual.

I'll try to trace the wires this week end.

Do you have the stock universal garage door opener in the visor ??

This could be some implementation for that. I did something like this a long time ago where I disassembled a standard garage door opener ..soldered leads to the contact pins that energize the transmitter and a momentary contact pin switch .. then installed it all in my dash with the switch mounted. Worked great and looked factory not to mention it impressed many.

Chapter Two

Ok, I took the dash apart today & here is what I found. No name anywhere on the alarm (not very proud of their product). I "googled" the number on it & found out it is a "KARR" after market alarm usually installed by dealers. Searched online for "Karr" & very little info about them. Has anyone heard of them?

post-10285-0-84243500-1376250845_thumb.jpg

post-10285-0-69366300-1376250884_thumb.jpg

Do you have the stock universal garage door opener in the visor ??

This could be some implementation for that. I did something like this a long time ago where I disassembled a standard garage door opener ..soldered leads to the contact pins that energize the transmitter and a momentary contact pin switch .. then installed it all in my dash with the switch mounted. Worked great and looked factory not to mention it impressed many.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I did the same thing on my motorcycle. Great addition!