headlights 2013 sport

Hello everyone.Im new here...just joined today.I just got my sport 4 days ago and the the only thing I found disappointing are the projector headlights.Are they a one piece unit or are there bulbs in there somewhere that can be changed? The lights on my old Trailblazer were better sad to say.If anybody has some tips on this it would be greatly appreciated....many thanks

Thanks for the quick reply.Im a little confused though...I thought hids were complete assemblys and require a ballast.The way you describe it I just need to change bulbs.....am I out to lunch?

The HID kits do come with the ballasts and potentially a relay harness. The harness is optional depending on the wattage but is recommended. I would pick up a 35w or 55w 500k 9005 kit from ddmtuning.com with the harness (especially if you go with 55w). The shipping is a little pricey but the still ends up being about the same price as just replacing the bulbs and you'll be much happier with the HID's.

You can also use a 9006 bulb but myself and others on here have had issues putting the actual bulbs in. I switched to the 9005 bulb and they went in right away. Definitely worth the small investment as my lights are super bright now and as long as you aim them correctly you won't blind any other drivers.

No problem. I spend a lot of time in Laval and you're always patient with my English :)

The 9006 and 9005 bulbs will fit and satisfy high and low. The Edge uses the same bulb for both. it's simply the mechanical shutter that changes from high to low. The shutter function stays the same with HIDs.

To add on to what pascal was saying, you could use an HIR bulb as replacements. 9005 swapped with an hir 9011, 9006 with an hir 9012 I believe. The only modifying needed is to trim the center tab on the bulb itself. Being these are still halogen bulbs there will be no glare or hotspots such as is common with HIDs placed in HALOGEN PROJECTORS. This is due to the fact the light from the hir bulb is emitted in the same location as the stock halogen. Search google and YouTube to see some comparisons and data people have collected. I already removed my wife's hids from her highs to use a set of new HIRs.

Might be a little off topic, but food for thought anyways.

To add on to what pascal was saying, you could use an HIR bulb as replacements. 9005 swapped with an hir 9011, 9006 with an hir 9012 I believe. The only modifying needed is to trim the center tab on the bulb itself. Being these are still halogen bulbs there will be no glare or hotspots such as is common with HIDs placed in HALOGEN PROJECTORS. This is due to the fact the light from the hir bulb is emitted in the same location as the stock halogen. Search google and YouTube to see some comparisons and data people have collected. I already removed my wife's hids from her highs to use a set of new HIRs.

Might be a little off topic, but food for thought anyways.

The OEM (stock) bulb is an HIR2 bulb (9012). You wouldn't gain anything by putting another HIR2 bulb in (unless one is burnt out).

Since HIDs do not come in "HIR" sizes (well, TRS does have a 9012 bulb), 9005 & 9006 are suitable replacement sizes.