Question About The 08 Edge

Good_Hands

If I absolutely had to name the things I would change about my 2007 Edge, they would be:

1. Auto "up" front door windows.

2. I like the thought of the Power Lift-gate.

Don't get me wrong; I love my 2007 and wouldn't trade it for the 08; especially after seeing the cut out

on the back lift-gate to open it manually.

I am curious though. Does the "Power Lift-gate" work from the keyfob? Does it actually open (and close) the

door - or just pop it loose?

I'm kind of thinking that if the "Power Lift-gate" doesn't completely open and completely close upon activation,

it's kind of missed the point.

(corrected post to specify 2008 Edge)

Edited by Good_Hands

If I absolutely had to name the things I would change about my 2007, they would be:

1. Auto "up" front door windows.

2. I like the thought of the Power Lift-gate.

Don't get me wrong; I love my 2007 and wouldn't trade it for the 08; especially after seeing the cut out

on the back lift-gate to open it manually.

I am curious though. Does the "Power Lift-gate" work from the keyfob? Does it actually open (and close) the

door - or just pop it loose?

I'm kind of thinking that if the "Power Lift-gate" doesn't completely open and completely close upon activation,

it's kind of missed the point.

The MKX has power express up and down for the windows. It's a two position switch for down, hold it slightly down to open the window to the position you want, or push it all the way down for Express down. Same for the UP position.

You need to look at the rear end of a MKX. That is the exact door handle position on both now. And yes, the key fob has a button for just the rear hatch opening that you push 2X's to open or close it, and it's power open and close provided the vehicle is in the Park position.

/Edit: Forgot to add, their is also a button to the lower left of the Instrument cluster for the rear hatch opening, does the same functions. Their is no key opening on the rear. It's all just one button on the underside top of that hand hole.

Edited by 08 Edge

The MKX has power express up and down for the windows. It's a two position switch for down, hold it slightly down to open the window to the position you want, or push it all the way down for Express down. Same for the UP position.

You need to look at the rear end of a MKX. That is the exact door handle position on both now. And yes, the key fob has a button for just the rear hatch opening that you push 2X's to open or close it, and it's power open and close provided the vehicle is in the Park position.

Thanks for the quick reply bro'...but I realized I left something out.

I have an Edge - was asking about the Edge.

I should have specified that - I will correct my opening post.

Thanks for the quick reply bro'...but I realized I left something out.

I have an Edge - was asking about the Edge.

I should have specified that - I will correct my opening post.

I forgot to add, BOTH vechile's are Identical in this operation, function, looks.

Same as the chrome beltline now for the edge. It is the same chrome as from the MKX, except nopw added to the edge also.

I forgot to add, BOTH vechile's are Identical in this operation, function, looks.

Same as the chrome beltline now for the edge. It is the same chrome as from the MKX, except nopw added to the edge also.

Power up and power down lift-gate?

Very nice.

My parents really liked my Edge and talked about getting either that or the MKX once they moved out here. I know they

will love that feature.

Thanks for the info my friend!!!

:reading: ...Good_Hands....I was about to jump...BUT...I see somebody beat me to the question...looks like...Yep...I'm thinking the same thing..after I saw the gallery on the '08 Limited, that was posted....That handle hole is ...UGG!....IF...the door is automatic...WHY... a handle at all??....IF...The botton don't open it...I'm thinking pulling on that ain't doing nothing....

TO: Responding '08 owner....IS...There a little button under the lip of that handle hole...to activate the power sequence??...IN...which case that may provide some merit....BUT...seems redundant.... :doh: ....Down South ..we do..things 3X the "hard way" just to keep the "doo-pid goin' "................Happy :shift: ................Sr.......

Edit: I see the answer..there is a button.....Thanks.............Sr...

Edited by edgesenior

Here goes Ford, ruining a good thing, once again....Why put chrome around the belt line? Do shiny objects attract buyers? It's just schlock. Asie from the grill, the less "chrome" the better.

Chrome is the in thing now. I have noticed alot of vehicles with chrome additions now from the factory....and added on....just look at how many vehicles now ride with 20-22-24" chome wheels now.