Roof Rails. Anyone used them?

Hi all,

I just ordered my 08 today. I ordered the roof rails, despite being a little skeptical. The rails on an '07 at the dealer just didn't seem that sturdy to me. I plan to mount a ski rack and possibly a bike rack (at different times) on them. Does anyone have any experience with using them? I'd also be interested in the rack make an model you used.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I just ordered my 08 today. I ordered the roof rails, despite being a little skeptical. The rails on an '07 at the dealer just didn't seem that sturdy to me. I plan to mount a ski rack and possibly a bike rack (at different times) on them. Does anyone have any experience with using them? I'd also be interested in the rack make an model you used.

Thanks!

On my 1995 windstar I had the same kind of rails on the van's top and I used clip on type Yakima bars for carrying windsurfers and my gear as well my 4 bikes. I ordered my Edge with these same rails since it's easier to add bars to them latter for a potential kayak and bikes.

On my 1995 windstar I had the same kind of rails on the van's top and I used clip on type Yakima bars for carrying windsurfers and my gear as well my 4 bikes. I ordered my Edge with these same rails since it's easier to add bars to them latter for a potential kayak and bikes.

Thanks Smiley.