Transmission issue 2007 Edge

fireslayer26

So my wife's Edge has been having the intermittent transmission problem over the past year. Sometimes after stopping at a red light she would try to accelerate and the RPM's would go high and the car would just creep. Found out it was staying in high gear. A problem most likely related to the Output speed sensor or the Turbine speed sensor. Both on the tranny. This is what I found in my research and the dealership tech thought it might be. So I bought both sensors and replaced them today, along with a fluid change. But now, the car will only go in reverse. And its sporadic. It will engage reverse in R, D and L sometimes. Neutral is fine and Park is fine, but it never engages drive. Any thoughts??

Thanks!

I'm going to go out on a limb here. I think it may be the cable you are experiencing problems with. See the section on "Selector Lever Cable Adjustment". There is also a troubleshooting guide with the attachment. If it were the TS sensor or the OS sensor, then you would have thrown some codes, was the CEL lit and did you see any codes?

Good luck.

P.S. Disregard if I'm way off.

Ford Edge Shift Lever.pdf