Possible buyer

Shopsmith

Hello. I'm possibly new to the edge but not to fords. Currently I have an escape and am a bit of a tool junkie. I'm in the market for the 2010 edge. Wondering about common issues, tsbs etc that any of you have had. So far I see sunroof, ptu leaks, squeaky seats and rear wheel bearing and braking issues in older models. What's the technical stuff you us see with the 2010? Anyone do their own work like trans fluid fuel filter ( which seems to be in the tank) etc? Common codes? Stuff like that.

Thanks and I look forward to posting some of my work once we buy the car.

Dave

don't forget the door latch issue. you can service the ptu yourself if you are an intrepid mechanic (see the writeup by the_natrix). haven't seen anyone replace the fuel filter yet. transmission fluid, some say you can do the flush yourself, some recommend changing out 5 quarts at a time, at very short intervals to mimic full replacement. spark plug replacement has been written up. tendency for pcm to burn up the coil.

upgrades are also documented onsite.